is this a legal loadout?

Fallen Avenger

It should be as long as you take the option of a pair and not two single ones. As per how it is written it doesn't say the pair replaces both. Which is funny because its not written that way for C:SM Captain. His entry makes you buy them individually. Lqtm

Fluff wise the blades are retractable.

A DA company master can do a pair of lightning claws, a plasma pistol and a storm/combi-bolter

Although I am willing to say that it probably is supposed to be meaning that the pair replaces both bolt pistol an chainsword. I would say if you have real issue with it or your group does, call GW customer service.

Although I am willing to say that it probably is supposed to be meaning that the pair replaces both bolt pistol an chainsword. I would say if you have real issue with it or your group does, call GW customer service.

Nope, because you can also replace the Bolt pistol and/or Chainsword with a Pair of Lightning Claws for twice the cost of a Lightning Claw. So you can actually have a Pair of Lightning Claws and a Plasma Pistol.

It should be as long as you take the option of a pair and not two single ones. As per how it is written it doesn't say the pair replaces both. Which is funny because its not written that way for C:SM Captain. His entry makes you buy them individually.

As far as I see he was talking about taking only a single claw with the plasma pistol? But as you say, a pair of lightning claws and a plasma pistol is possible too given how the entry is written, though it is another matter entirely who would actually do such a thing - 45 points for weapons of which the pistol is nearly pointless since it isn't even needed for an extra CC attack, something the second claw provides? Meh.

Exactly, Tvih. Lqtm

But to the above above, it's 30 points for the pair or 15 individually. The way it is worded it can be taken as meaning either but if you check all other locations giving LCs and PP as options in C:SM it is worded that the two LCs replace BP and CS. But because of how it is worded it appears like it can be done that way but you would have to do the option for a pair, not individually. Also, BA Assault squads have it listed correctly showing it replaces both, just like all other spots in C:SM.

It's really one of those things that if you really want to make sure call GWCS. I wouldn't really care if you were to play against me.

Archived