Legion armor mk's

recon0321

The Legion marks are the same Mark of armor, but if you noticed certain parts of it are actually Mk V armor thrown in. It's easiest to see in the Mk IV because it is supposed to be smooth, but in the Legion set there's a studded shoulderpad and some studded legs thrown in. It's a minor difference really.

The biggest difference the arms

The Legion sets have the best shooting arms ever a few are shooting from the shoulder.

The MkIV also has a better backpack like found on the new Capt and Banner Bearer.

They are beefer which makes the marine look bulkier.

The MK II set has more arm and leg poses and two diferent Heads

The MK III has again more arm and leg poses, the feet are better sculpts and the cod piece is smor defined.

also you know get the Skull shield and thunder bolt torsos from the Rapier crew

the MK IV set comes with bits from the Assault kit.

Though i am a bit dubious about some of the New heads are looking a bit MK 7 ish

Are the Legion Mark 4 marines still a bit short? The old set suffered from that...

I have the Legion Mark 3 marines and they were really good scuplts - big and bulky with decent poses.

So I know FW has the armor mk's that come in sets of 5 then they have the legion mk's that are also sets of 5 whats the difference?

I've got MkIII and MkIV both in Legion and regular. The short answer is that there's more variety with the Legion kits (and the MkIV Legion has more variety than the MkIII Legion), so if you are doing a small squad I'd definitely pick the Legion version. However, if you are getting a large force (30+) I'd go with a mix, maybe 3 or 4 to 1 (Legion to regular). The regular marks have different legs than the Legion and will give you more variety overall.

Archived