Christmas Gifts and New Codex

Sanguineus

Quick question for the group on their opinions regarding the new codex.

I received a Razorback and a box of Assault Terminators for Christmas. With the new codex coming out has anyone heard if A. Razorbacks are still available to dark angels and B. Will our Deathwing still have options for lightning claws and TH/SS?

A. I'm assuming yes, but if anyone has a definitive that would be great

B. Have no idea considering the new models have flails and maces with SS

I really want to open them up and get to assembling, but would rather have the option to take them back and exchange for new DA stuff in January if they aren't going to be useful in my Dark Angels army.

Thanks.

**I should probably just wait the 2-3 weeks to find out, but...new shiny plastic....clippers calling my name

Wait 3 weeks.

Put them in a drawer and lock it up :teehee:

I'm sure the razor will still be in use...but in your place, I'd wait until the new toys come out, hand over the terminators and razor en get...terminators and a flier if possible.

Short answers

Yes

Yes

Long answers:

A: Razorbacks are not going away, we may get more weapon options but they arent in the box anyway... We are the first (and I think still the only) chapter that can take a Razorback with a 10 man squad. In any case, I would start on it because you have the parts for a Rhino too, I would make it so it can be either just by swapping the top doors and maybe wait to assemble the turret to see what if any weapon options we get.

B: 1. GW is not going to close a revenue stream by restricting sale of a box to an army.

2. Again, we are the only Chapter that can (currently) take squads that can have HtH weapons and shooty weapons in the same squad. The new box is only the "Elite" and "HQ" choices for our Deathwing, I imagine that the "Troops" choice is going to remain the same. Espcially since the "Command Squad" shown in the leaked pictures shows mixed weaponry and a TH/SS trooper and an LC trooper.

Go for it... I personally am shopping ebay for DV termies that I can bling up with the new termie box.

Shouldn't you be waiting for Santa to come on the 25th before opening your presents? ;)

Yeah, but the presents sitting under the tree are so tantalizing! :)

I know I convinced the fiancée to let me open a present or two already :wacko:

The command squad and the knights will have access to the armory, that means you can kit them with anything you like.

As for the rest simply put: Why not?

What Armoury?

The command squad and the knights will have access to the armory, that means you can kit them with anything you like.

What Armoury?

The wargear section. Just you as you can equip terminators and the lord in the chaos dex and the sergeants in third edition.

What Armoury?

The wargear section. Just you as you can equip terminators and the lord in the chaos dex and the sergeants in third edition.

Similar to what's in C:CSM I reckon.

I have a feeling the days of free-swaps to TH/SS combos are over. I expect that we will see a similar price shift to what Blood Angels pay for the upgrade rather than keeping the free swap. If basic DW squads are given an even greater range of customization (ala GK and SW) then they will be even more expensive. But we'll have to wait and see. But I kind of hope GW change the cost of the combo, for a free swap it is way too good as it stands.

As for the OP, I'd still hold off on building them, if only because the DW box is going to be loaded with useful bits to pimp your guys out with. Basic DW squads will likely keep the same options (though they sound like they will reward shootier configurations) and Command Squads may well have some interesting options. I am still not entirely sure what the Knights will be like though, I'm hoping they have more options, but it is always possible they may only have a few. We will have to wait and see.

All I know is I will have to tinker around with my old command squad (again) since I want to take advantage of the upgrades we may see. Looks like my old command squad is becoming a close combat unit.

Archived