Need help interpreting some rules :)

Kaptejn

Hey all!

Me and my girlfriend started WH together and are currently having our first of many fun battles.

She plays Chaos Daemons and i play blood angels, last night before we called it off for some sleep she charged my tactical squad (10 units) with her bloodcrushers (3 units) during my overwatch i managed to kill 2 of them but she doesn't have to take a morale check since all daemons are fearless right?

Oh well, on to my main question; Since all my marines are formed in a line instead of bundled up she could only get in base contact with 2 of them. Since she has higher Initiative than me she started bashing away. Needless to say she made short work of the both of them. However, there are no wounds left to allocate. What happens now? since we're not in base contact. Do i get to move them closer in to her (i guess that's the Pile-In rule?

And as a space marine without fearless i have to take a morale check if she caused more wounds than me right? Do the wounds i made during overwatch count in here because if they do i managed to make 4 wounds on her and she only made 3.

Hope i made it all pretty clear, if not just ask me what else you need to know :tu:

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Read the rules reagarding pile-in once again and i got it now :)

Questions about wounds during overwatch and wound pool still up for questioning though :)

Wounds in overwatch won't cause a morale check, the charging unit has already declared its charge so it gets to attempt to make that. And once in combat you don't worry about morale until the end of the combat when you find out which side lost.

Yes, fearless means the unit doesn't care much about losing! Remember you only overwatch once a turn, so if you get assaulted by more than one enemy you don't get to shoot at the second/third/etc unit assaulting you.

On the charging, you have to pile in and make attacks. Combat won't suddenly stop halfway though because a model dies. The only ways to finish a combat is if one side dies or runs away (there are a few special exceptions but none relevant to this example).

So in your question if its now marines initiative they get to pile in and attack!

Does that help? :tu:

Yeah very helpful indeed :lol:

Now we got another concern which we didn't really know how to resolve. Her skulltaker and bloodletters were locked into combat with my assault marines and Dreadnought. When the opponent choose to attack the assault marines, i get to allocate the wounds withing the squad or does she get to do it?

Also, she attacked my Dreadnought with her skulltaker, she hit with 3 attacks and the Dreadnought died on the second one. Can she then allocate the last attack to one of my assault marines since they're both locked in combat (but it wasn't her intentional target)?

And also, what means do you have to get away from a fight?

We noticed that both her skulltaker and bloodletters were unable to land any wounds on my dreadnought since his AV on the front exceeded her str +d6.

We've been reading the rules like maniacs for the past couple of weeks to get ready to play some and i'm sure the situations are well covered in the rulebook but we're both sick of reading that darn book!

As always we're grateful for any help ;)

Yeah very helpful indeed :)

Now we got another concern which we didn't really know how to resolve. Her skulltaker and bloodletters were locked into combat with my assault marines and Dreadnought. When the opponent choose to attack the assault marines, i get to allocate the wounds withing the squad or does she get to do it?

Also, she attacked my Dreadnought with her skulltaker, she hit with 3 attacks and the Dreadnought died on the second one. Can she then allocate the last attack to one of my assault marines since they're both locked in combat (but it wasn't her intentional target)?

And also, what means do you have to get away from a fight?

We noticed that both her skulltaker and bloodletters were unable to land any wounds on my dreadnought since his AV on the front exceeded her str +d6.

We've been reading the rules like maniacs for the past couple of weeks to get ready to play some and i'm sure the situations are well covered in the rulebook but we're both sick of reading that darn book!

As always we're grateful for any help B)

The person taking the wounds gets to allocated them. Start with a model in base to base contact. Keep allocating wounds to the same model till it's dead, then go to the next closest (base to base contact first).

If the Skulltaker was part of the unit, and the unit was engaged with the Dreadnaught and Marines both...then the last wound goes against the closest Assault Marine.

Dunno.. need context for "do you have to get away from a fight?"

Attacks against Walkers must go to the Front armor, unless the Walker has been immobilised. If Immobilised, all attacks hit the rear armor. If their STR+d6 can't penetrate the Dreadnaught, they can't hurt the Dread, unless they can glance the Dread (equal hit to his AV). If they are fearless...the have to remain in close combat till one or the other is killed.

;)

"A wound must be allocatednto an enemy model in base contact with a model attacking at that initiative step. If there is more than one eligible candidate, the player controlling the models being attacked chooses which model it is allocated to...

If there are no models in base contact with a model attacking at that initiative step, the wound is allocated to hte next closest enemy model. If there are several models the same distance away, then their controlling player chooses which is allocated the wound, as above."

No you roll all to hits and wounds/penetrations at the same time. E.g. I attack the dreadnaught with skulltaker, I roll all to hit rolls then all to penetrate rolls at the same time, I then roll on the damage chart if I penetrate, so there are no additional attacks to carry over because they are all made at the same time.

Skulltaker has the rending special rule, this means that when striking vehicles on the role of a 6 (the 4+ only matters against infantry), he gets to roll an additional d3 and add that to his strength for each roll of a 6. E.g. skulltaker charges the dreadnaught, he has however many attacks, he hits with 3, and rolls 2 6's to penetrate which brings him up to strength 11 because of furious charge, so 4+1+6, because of rending he gets to roll an additional d3 for both of these rending, so with a minimum of twelve he can easily glance and penetrate the dreadnaught, dropping two of its hull points. A bloodletter can also get rending if you upgrade it with one of the unit upgrades, and works in a similar way.

It might be worth looking up the rules you don't know and writing them down either in game or beetween games, in a note pad so you can easily check to see if how something works. I'd recomend sticking to the basic rules for the first few games and ignoring special rules or advanced rules, like overwatch and things like that, I did it with my first few games of 6th ed and I found that slowly adding in more advanced rules over time allowed me to get use to the rules and remember those crucial game changing ones. (although I keep forgetting about throwing grenades :o).

As always we're grateful for any help :)

I hope that you found any of this useful, and to improve your gaming experience. If your realy stuck with a rule then just compramise something that seems right if it was real, would skulltaker be able to carve up a dreadnaught? Hell yeah! ;)

Archived