So, SC 's arent 0-1

DominicJ

They have the (Unique) tag in their Unit Composition. On page 81 of the codex, "If the Unit Composition includes the word 'Unique', then you may only include one of this unit in your army."

No grinch, no bearding, this is just a case of not reading your rules. :P

If the second character could hit as hard as Mephiston and was comparably as durable, it might not be too bad, even with all the invested points. It would be a double rock list, certainly, but the ease of hiding Mephiston, his ability to threaten vehicles and most infantry models equally, and his speed make it worthwhile. Unfortunately there is only one Mephiston, so we won't be running any Whirling Dervishes of Death lists. Though it could be extremely funny for an upcoming 1K point each, doubles tournament coming up in my area.

I know that some doubles tournaments prevent you from running multiple copies still of Unique characters. I know that is how it is in my area since two people brought two Draigos and two Vindicares to the table. That would be highly annoying I was able to avoid them most of the tournament.

Mephiston and Sanguinor -_-

I played a kid at a tournament once that ran Dante and the Sanguinor in a full foot list. Wasn't pretty.

Wasn't pretty for him, or you? What points level?

Cant inmagine blood angels running foot sloggers with those characters either ^_^ isent that kinda missing the point of blood angels speed with assault squads? :devil:

Mephiston and Sanguinor -_-

I played a kid at a tournament once that ran Dante and the Sanguinor in a full foot list. Wasn't pretty.

Cant inmagine blood angels running foot sloggers with those characters either ^_^ isent that kinda missing the point of blood angels speed with assault squads? :devil:

I would assume most of the foot list was jumpers.

Wasn't pretty for him. It was the last tournament on the eve of 6th releasing, so 5th ed rules. Points would have been like 1850-2000, not too certain. Sorry for not clarifying, but foot list for BA = mostly jumper Marines plus a few Tacs..

I was playing Mechanized blood angels, he gave me first turn. I castled up afraid he would DoA down and melta, instead he deployed mostly on the table. My Mephiston cowered for the first turn while my entire army blazed away at the Sanguinor, to no effect whatsoever. He passed something like 9 invul saves, and I started sweating. He moves up, has no real effective shooting. Turn 2 Mephiston flies forward, the gunline blazes away again and Sanguinor's luck runs out. The feathered one dies before he ever gets into combat, and my Mephiston crashes into a Dante-led Assault Squad and proceeds to assassinate Dante before he ever got to swing. Mephiston ran wild through the rest of his army and shooting mops up the rest. He was tabled by the bottom of turn 4 or 5.

Oddly I've only completely tabled someone at a tournament maybe 4 times, and half of them were BA mirror matches. Each time the opposing BA army was pure infantry lists, so kinda shows what didn't work in 5th. :lol:

Archived