conversions

Warmammer

I want my Iron Warriors to have a siege feel to them but i want to give them a daemonic touch.

i was thinking of giving my CSM Aspiring champs servo arms but don't have the money to buy 3 techmarines.

Try getting the old Warsmith metal model. It comes with a servo arm, and the rest of the model are all very helpful for conversions.

I am not sure what a "siege" feel is like, but if you want them to look like they have been in the trenches for a while I would suggest the weathering powders from Forgeworld.

I have used Necron bits for my Skitarii, and their thin wiry limbs look . . . off on Marine models. Alright for guard, but you might want to go with something more formidable looking.

Several manufacturers offer cybernetic conversion bits. You might want to consider how you will make their grafts and implants look brutal and vicious, in order to differentiate them from, say, Iron Hands bionics.

On the GW online store, in the chaos marine section, under HQ you can find the bionics heavy, servo-arm wearing Iron Warriors Warsmith. Afaik it's still sold in solid, non-warping, non-bubble-ruined pewter. In the CSM section under 'bits' you can find the iron warriors conversion pack (no bionics, but some nice torso pieces), in addition to the 'chirugeon backpack set', including one Fabius Bile backpack and four cypher backpacks, as far as I can tell, all in pewter as well. The loyalist SM bits section also includes the Iron Hands upgrade pack, with includes a number of bionics components, though it is sadly produced in finecast now, so you'd have to deal with that mess.

Forgeworld has an Astral Claws Master of the Forge and Space Marine Character Conversion Pack that seem relevant to your interests, as well as an Iron Warriors Dreadnought, Iron Warriors rhino and Land Raider doors, an Autocannon set that's ideal for havocs, and Heresy Era Power Armor, Terminator Armor, and Terminator Accessories that may or may not match the Iron Warriors aesthetic better than the generic GW stuff, depending on how you see it and what style you prefer. Forgeworld also has some unique vehicles available to Chaos, including the Proteus Land Raider, the Spartan, the Storm Eagle, the Decimator, Chaos Titans, etc. It's worth browsing through their store.

Chapterhouse Studios has a SM compatible bits section that includes combi weapons, some interesting heads, and a techmarine backpack + conversion beamer that may be interesting for you.

This store has some pewter power cables that are easier to work with than guitar string.

Searches for 'watch cogs and gears' on ebay or etsy can turn up useful conversion bits for iron warriors as well.

I didn't notice anything particularly 'iron warriorsy' on scribor's store, but there some interesting stuff there, including a 'chaos master' that would make a good termie lord w/ black mace. May be worth checking out.

Warmammer

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 AM

I want my Iron Warriors to have a siege feel to them but i want to give them a daemonic touch.

i was thinking of giving my CSM Aspiring champs servo arms but don't have the money to buy 3 techmarines.

I use the Forge World Techpriest to add Servo arm to my Iron Warriors backpacks. While the Techpriest is use as a Champion for my Cultist unit as it a really great model.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...ECH-PRIEST.html

There also Fabius Bile backpack

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1860240

Also other part to check out is the Iron Hands

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...Id=prod1600078a

There the Necomunda Pit Slaves for some bionic style weapons

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1120135

You also commented on a daemonic feel to the force. It worth checking out Black Library novel - Architect of Fate for the short story: Endeavour of Will. Just for getting idea & just how the warband came across in the short story.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-4000...ct-of-fate.html

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/e...will-ebook.html

I'd possible make the Iron Warriors kind of like the Obliterators. Have the weapons morphing out of there arm's with the obliterator style of flesh join the arm/weapon.

IP

What army's would offer great conversion parts for iron warriors.

I'm looking for parts to go on CSM, HQ's, Tanks, Raptor, Bikes and daemon engines.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Warmammer

I used some Possessed and FB Chaos warrior bits for my Havoc champions. They look pretty mutated and neat.

The Chaos stars from the FB Warrior boxes also make for good Icons of vengence in my opinion.

The FB Chaos warrior shields also make up for some good siege/boarding shields.

If you want warp-mutated looking models, for any Legion or Renegade army, I'd advise Posessed + [boxset appropriate to the Legion]. MkIII armour for Iron Warriors, DAs/GKs for Word Bearers, Berzerkers for World Eaters... admittedly I can't think of any others at the moment, but still... :D

Cheap servo arms can be found in the SM Devastator box, you only get one and it's weedy looking, but it's cheaper to get a few of those from a bitz site than buy a load of techmarines. Then everything Malisteen and Insane Psychopath have said are good ideas, they're pretty much on the ball. I really like the idea of Techpriest models as leading cultist squads, too.

Archived