flamers - target occupants of wrecked vehicle?

skeletoro

Googling around, I noticed a bunch of forum threads where people recommend arming land speeders with heavy flamers and multi-meltas, on the grounds that you can blow up a transport and then burninate any survivors with the heavy flamers.

Is this allowed in the rules? As far as I can tell it isn't, and perhaps this was only a legit tactic in previous editions (if at all). But if it's allowed, please educate me. Cheers!!!

No. A firing unit can only target the transport or the squad (if disembarked) in the same turn. A Tac squad can't pop a Chimera with their meltagun and bolter the passengers, to name one example.

In subsequent turns, however, the speeders would be free to roast the passengers. If they survive that long (the speeders, I mean).

In the old edition where you only fired one weapon on the move it was a useful set up, you had a weapon to attack whatever you find and would rarely get to fire both so it didn't matter they did different jobs.

Now you get to fire two weapons while moving it makes sense to pick two guns worth using together. Double melta speeder is quite popular.

Archived