2000pt World Eater (competetive?)

UltraCaptain

I have been thinking of a competetive way to do world eaters. The focus would be both 30k and 40k

110 - Master of Signal - Power Sword, Artificer Armour

45 - Apothecary - Chainaxe

300 - 20 Tactical Squad - Chainaxe, Pistol, Bolter, 1 Power Sword

110 - Master of Signal - Power Sword, Artificer Armour

45 - Apothecary - Chainaxe

300 - 20 Tactical Squad - Chainaxe, Pistol, Bolter, 1 Power Sword

226 - 6 Cataphactrii Terminators - 6 Power Axe, 3 Combi-Plasma, 3 Combi-Bolters

180 - 3 Thudd Guns

180 - 3 Thudd Guns

140 - 4 Bikers - Chainaxe, Pistol, TL-Bolter, Meltabomb

140 - 4 Bikers - Chainaxe, Pistol, TL-Bolter, Meltabomb

75 - 1 Predator

75 - 1 Predator

75 - 1 Predator

2001pt total

As you can see the tactic is to have enough dakka rather than sufficient AP. The two big troop choices has BS5 fury of the legion with bolters, which should hurt anything but strong 10man terminator squads. They can deal with close combat with power swords and ap4 chainaxes (deadly in 40k). and otherwise simply a lot of attacks. Thudd guns will provide fire when the predator and bikers has dealt with any transport, and either kill, pin or dwiddle squad size.

When it comes to bikes, meltabomb is the prefered anti tank next to chainfists, against though targets protected against 2D6 melta weapons. The individual biker squad provide the most cost efficient way to bring meltabombs, alternative tactic are attack bikes with autocannon, 50pt each, where 3 attack bikes would cost 150pt vs 4man bike squad at 140, though less meltabombs, attack bikes would provide an autocannon each and more wounds. Other meltabomb units would be assault squad, but they are simply taxed insanely, where bikers has no tax at all. Alternative anti tank would be gravity guns, but I have a hard time theorycrafting if either weapon battery or land speeder gravity weapons would effecitivly bring down a spartan considering scattering.

The bikers, while I haven't tried with the big size of a spartan, would be able to sorround a transport completely and destroy the cargo as the unit would be unable to legally deploy after it's destruction. Preferbly they'd work together doing one target.

The two masters of signal can provide line of sight for eachother's bombartment, and provide line of sight for the thudd gun's barrage. They also make infiltraters unable to setup within 18" of them, and provide the interceptor rule to the entire squad, should eg- a terminator or av 10-11 flyer/thing choose to deploy nearby. The bolter would still hurt these, as bolters are rapid fire they are able to fire as interceptor.

The terminators are mainly for backfield objects, alternativly the squad could be 5man, with 5 combi-plasma, 3 power fist, 2 power weapons. This would also make the army hit 2000pt on the dod.

What do you think?

You mention bringing ac attack bikers, but i would say that they wouldn't be necessary as you already have predators, unless you wanted to make one an executioner (viable for both 30 and 40k) and use the remaining points to make some attack bikes with either acs or multimeltas.

What will you use the predators for? I would recommend blocking LoS on your thudd guns because you have nuncio voxes or providing mobile infantry support to the tacs. You can, however, use them in a pinch to hit flyers as well

Ive been theory testing the bikes with Cmdr Shepard and think their usefulness has gone way up and are completely underrated. I definitely think that your outrider bike squads would destroy without a doubt most xenos army troops (necrons, tau, dark eldar, 'nids)

I love cat termies but in this list (if seriously competetive) your points might spent better otherwise. They can lay down the hurt but more than likely they'll wind up fighting other TEQ's, maybe an assault squad with PWs might fit the armies role better as they could counter attack any squads that threaten the tacs or roll with the bikes to clear enemies off objectives and capture them - 3 slow moving squads might be hard to do that

How will you counter the inevitable kheresnaught(s)? they could possibly just walk into your 22 tac blobs and just sit there the whole game...you can try our weapons are useless but without ATSKNF its a risky gambit

Archived