Ordo Minoris Ark Angelis

CommissarHarris

What power sword is this from ????

Retinue no 2 is base coated. Done with Valejo Spray Primer Grey:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-slpuKfxgbKA/UQdsuuEU5rI/AAAAAAAABGw/_hfCLlZq4e8/s1600/WIP_Retinue2_1-0.JPG

After airbrushing VA:DeepSeaGrey, VMA:Light Grey; VMC:; VMC:White, I have varied my normal method of White, with the addtion of a GW: Nuln Oil wash at the end, then touch up with brush applied, very thin VMA:White:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xdVv1lRr04s/UQdtfOpeBQI/AAAAAAAABHI/5BPjjaPndA0/s1600/WIP_Retinue2_2-3.JPG

On the back some freehand:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x2DdiSyrZ8A/UQdtenIbwoI/AAAAAAAABHE/J6Dr2Y59n0M/s1600/WIP_Retinue2_2-2.JPG

blogger-image-1693590108.jpgThe first family shots of shots of sister d'Ark and her retinue. Still just iPhone photos, but needs must when the Devil drives.

They are still awaiting basing. I have a commission pending with Fantascape for more Gothic Ruins bases. I'm looking forward to that. Sister d'Ark herself is off on the right converted from a Seraphim. The rest are converted from sister superior of one model or another.

blogger-image--1792429812.jpg

In the second picture Sister d'Ark is more in focus.

Still workng out the blue veined marble effect. I thing i am probably not adding enough layers.

The squad gets its first outing Tonight. I even have their drop pod assembled. I suspect drop pod deployment for sisters is a *really* bad idea but you have to try these things. Perhaps inferno ammo or blessed rounds would help in the all important deployment phase. Oh well. Find out tonight.

In the painting challenge I am now half way there. The next part of the challenge is two Exorcists. These will be converted from Immolators. The Chassis is built now but not painted. I have to figure out a decent way of connecting the missile pods. There is a shot of his type of conversion buried deep in the recesses of this forum. If I get the chance I will dig out and credit the post.

Looking good CommissarHarris!  You are an amazing painter :)

2 questions; for the marble effect are you using the tutorial within White Dwarf?

Secondly, will you let us know how the first game goes? :p

Looking good CommissarHarris! You are an amazing painter smile.png

2 questions; for the marble effect are you using the tutorial within White Dwarf?

Secondly, will you let us know how the first game goes? tongue.png

White dwarf has a Painting article of Marble? Is it in one of the Digital releases? Id be interested to read that.

And certainly: Their First outing:

This was a trial Game of the Wars of Armageddon packs written by Dean

Carter for the event he is planning at Tabletop Nation. Dean was using

the Imperial Guard V1 codex, and I the Imperial V1 codex. Play testing

of the Sisters of Battle D'Ark entry.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--ugBYURDnzk/URYtksFYaiI/AAAAAAAABJI/77FBvpxmv-o/s1600/IMG_2708.JPG

So, they deployed in 1st turn by deep strike in Drop pod and

scattered into a pond. Th Grils Jumped out and fired their bolt pistols

into the block of 25 guard, Hitting once and wounding no-one. So far

so-bad.

Guard Second turn, they fired and killed two with massed las-rifle fire.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--ugBYURDnzk/URYtksFYaiI/AAAAAAAABJI/77FBvpxmv-o/s1600/IMG_2708.JPG

My Turn two, the advanced to Assault and fired with bolt pistols, killing

one guardsman. D'Ark Calls on the Emperors Holy Radiance (Any wound

causes blindness on the unit) through faith, which fails. Then they

assaulted. Snapfire killed another three, leaving only D'Ark in the

melee

Where she went on to slaughter guardsman wholesale.

Lessons learnt:

- This unit needs a flamer or two to soften up the target before the Assault.

- Holy Radience needs some clarification in the Campaign pack. It is unclear whether it is for Assault, Shooting or what.

• 1 month later...

Well, I think I will miss the Bolter and Chainsword deadline for the two Exorcists. I fly out on a three week holiday tomorrow morning, back in April, so how they are now is how they will be at the deadline.

I have remaining to do:

- Fix the tracks and weather to European dust;

- Fix the front Glass to the last model

- some more pilot detail

- 2nd level weathering of rust and rain streaks

Family shot of three:

blogger-image--647863980.jpg

Side Elevation:

blogger-image-464989246.jpg

Glacis Detail

blogger-image-1802779208.jpg

Pile o' Tracks

blogger-image-230367304.jpg

Absolutely cracking work ^_^  Like Miko, I love the shade of blue used.  A recipe would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Looking good. The blues look really nice. I like the turrets. That 's how I did them for my last SoB amy.  Took the easy way out this time and just bought 2. Have fun on your holiday.

I think it may be your idea I stole in the first place, you posted pictures of the turrets on this forum from way back in The day? Inspirational.

I think the pipe organ on the back came from the Artificers workshop. If I get the time I will revisit them and add bronzed scroll work with GS. I was racing to get the things finished before the end of march deadline, so super detailing got truncated.

Speaking of which: I had time to glue the tracks on before leaving for the airport, but not take photos, so I consider them completed before the deadline and will be claiming finished and will be using the B&C signature of completing the oath.

Absolutely cracking work ^_^  Like Miko, I love the shade of blue used.  A recipe would be greatly appreciated ^_^

All colours are Vallejo Model air:

Deep sea blue thinned to water and applied to a Vallejo grey base-coat in splotches

Mid tone of French blue applied in clouds and streaks in about four layers to give variation in Colour depth.

Off white thinned less than the blue in streaks in one coat keeping coverage thin.

Hard lines of. Off white in the streaks of off white

Windsor Newton Cobalt blue ink as a wash

VMA: gloss varnish sprayed on.

• 1 month later...

The Next Oath is to complete three Penitent Engines.  Two are done and I am working on the third.  For the third I would like to replace his weapons with something else, anyone got any suggestions for kit bashing weapons onto one of these?
Here is the First of the Three:
blogger-image--1270316998.jpg

blogger-image-1127895979.jpg

blogger-image-480684355.jpg

hmm, the only thing I could think of is maybe looking at the sentinel kit or the ork killer kans/dreadnought kits for some arms, or even some of their scorchas for flamer options.  Would look like a low funded church built robot that way. 

Must say, your exorcists are inspiring, I may have to look at doing something similar to that. I have the immolator turret sitting around, might just go with something along that line, as my exorcist just looks to marine like, but that looks pretty good with the rounder missle pods and a gunner. 

Archived