500pt Imperial Fists for Combat Patrol

Valace2

Master of Signal Consul 85pts

Apothecary attached to the Tactical Squad 45pts

10x Tactical Squad w/ 10x Bolter, Bolt Pistol, CCW, and Nuncio Vox 180pts

6x Heavy Support Squad w/ 6x Missile Launchers 185pts

Just wanted to get some feedback. Its a small game but I think this small army is pretty hardcore. The Tactical Squad acts as a spotter for the Master of Signal and the Heavy Support Squad provides fire support. I know the Apothecary isn't that great with only a 10 man squad but I like him. I could cut him and add a few more guys to the Tac squad or even another Missile Launcher for the Heavy Support squad.

• 1 month later...

There used to be a limit to your saves, number of wounds and armour value, but all that seems to be gone in the equivalent scenario in the 40k rule book. The only limitation is 500pts max.

I've been investigating combat patrols as a way of getting my gaming group into heresy gaming using a few well converted or fw models to keep the costs of heresy gaming down. We have concentrated on using zone mortalis rules at 500pts as a way of keeping things a bit more characterful and the simple zm org chart only requires one troops as a compulsory.

The biggest problem I have found with heresy gaming at 500pts is that the minimum squad size on your core troops choices limits your flexibility considerably. Give it 100pts for a hq then about 200 for first unit of troops you only have 200pts to start making your forces different.

Anyways... Looking at your list my preference would be take something fast and mobile that can root out enemy, rather than rely on missile launchers to do the enemy at range. At 500pts a clever enemyn use terrain to keep his small forces completely out of sight preventing you bringing your missile launchers to bear.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2860630a_40K_Kill_Team_Pack_2013_(6).pdf

You could try running that scenario. It's the campaign packet for GW's Kill Team days.

200 points.

0-1 Elites

0-2 Troops

0-1 Fast Attack

All models are treated as independent.

Highest Ld model (unless there's a Character with lower Ld than a non-Character) is the leader.

One objective.

Kill Points.

Archived