Can Screamers turbo boost the turn they DS in?

Cap'm Heckus

Ok, so on a Deep Strike the RB says you can "shoot(or run)" in the shooting phase after deep striking.

Under turbo boost (pg 45) it says that "bikes and jetbikes cannot run, they can however make a special Turbo-boost move". Does the "cannot run" wording exclude jetbikes from moving after a Deep strike or is this just incomplete wording?

So my question is: Can a Screamer of Tzeentch arriving from deep strike immediately turbo boost 24" and use it's slashing attacks on stuff it passes over? AND if so, is there an FAQ that supports it?

No, they can not. The rules tell you what a unit can do after Deep Striking, "shoot(or run)". It does not say that a unit can Turbo-boost, Move Flat Out, or anything else other than "shoot(or run)".

See? this is why I need something to point to.

I'm a Daemons player and I would LIKE it to work this way but I need something proofie to point to or our Gray Knights play will cry that my army is unfair.

Worst case scenario, I drop them somewhere behind cover and then 36" move over them in turn 2.

I need something proofie to point to or our Gray Knights play will cry that my army is unfair.

I think pointing and laughing would be the best response to this... :P

No, they can not. The rules tell you what a unit can do after Deep Striking, "shoot(or run)". It does not say that a unit can Turbo-boost, Move Flat Out, or anything else other than "shoot(or run)".

You agree that they can fire in their shooting phase after deep striking, correct? Seems we all agree on that. You specifically point out that they can shoot.

BRB, 45, "Bikes and jetbikes cannot Run, but can make a special Turbo-boost move, instead of firing in their Shooting phase."

Any time the Bike/Jetbike could fire in their Shooting Phase, they can instead Turbo-boost.

Has nothing to do with Run at all.

If X can shoot, X can turbo-boost.

You agree that they can fire in their shooting phase after deep striking, correct? Seems we all agree on that. You specifically point out that they can shoot.

BRB, 45, "Bikes and jetbikes cannot Run, but can make a special Turbo-boost move, instead of firing in their Shooting phase."

Any time the Bike/Jetbike could fire in their Shooting Phase, they can instead Turbo-boost.

Has nothing to do with Run at all.

If X can shoot, X can turbo-boost.

If that were true then there would be no need to mention "(or run)", as Running is also done "instead of firing in their Shooting phase.". So, yeah, it has a lot to do with "running". Permissive rule set and all.

I believe they can turbo-boost. As turbo-boosting replaces running. And deepstrikers can run.

How many deepstriking units can turbo-boost? I think just screamers. Seems like a waste of ink to print turbo-boost in the rules for one unit.

Where I play no one questions it. All the blogs I keep up on don't run into problems. I would just ask the TO if it's a tournament. If it's friendly play, shouldn't be a problem. D3 str 4 hits isn't going to do a whole lot against Power Armor units. And against hordes, it's not going to do enough to kill everything.

I believe they can turbo-boost. As turbo-boosting replaces running. And deepstrikers can run.

How many deepstriking units can turbo-boost? I think just screamers. Seems like a waste of ink to print turbo-boost in the rules for one unit.

Where I play no one questions it. All the blogs I keep up on don't run into problems. I would just ask the TO if it's a tournament. If it's friendly play, shouldn't be a problem. D3 str 4 hits isn't going to do a whole lot against Power Armor units. And against hordes, it's not going to do enough to kill everything.

True enough. My question is "why didn't this come up before now with Flat Out?". Land Speeders have Deep Strike, as do Storm Ravens - both could use Flat Out by this logic to get a 4+ Jink Cover save.

A flat-out Flyer, Raider, or Speeder can't shoot. So if an opponent wanted to do that, I wouldn't mind it. Flamers and Screamers deny cover saves anyways.

Other forums have doscussed it, and most I've read can't come to a conclusion on vehiles. Every rule is going to be picked apart at some point, and people are going to be on either side. A new daemons codex is coming. Just wait for all the confusion when that hits.

D3 str 4 hits isn't going to do a whole lot against Power Armor units. And against hordes, it's not going to do enough to kill everything.

It's important to note that those d3 hits are per Screamer. When a large unit of Screamers pops in and slashes over a unit with a Boost move, the hits and wounds DO add up. I've beenon the receiving end of it, and it's seriously annoying. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...
D3 str 4 hits isn't going to do a whole lot against Power Armor units. And against hordes, it's not going to do enough to kill everything.
It's important to note that those d3 hits are per Screamer. When a large unit of Screamers pops in and slashes over a unit with a Boost move, the hits and wounds DO add up. I've beenon the receiving end of it, and it's seriously annoying. :tu:

A quick question, (not trying to be picky, but an actuall question) where do the screemers get the d3 hits from, I've been looking and I can't find it, I'm just curious as all?

A quick question, (not trying to be picky, but an actuall question) where do the screemers get the d3 hits from, I've been looking and I can't find it, I'm just curious as all?

They have Slashing Attack, which is detailed on Pg.4 of the WD 391 C:CD Update.

• 3 weeks later...

played a game against a dude with 25 screamers a few months back. He used this trick. deepstrike into the game, fly over as many units as possible, between 25 and 75 S4 hits kill any unit dead. game was over turn 2 (the turn he had his screamers enter the game)

I should have guessed when he asked if I cared about maximum unit sizes.... I was stupid enough to believe it could be fun.

played a game against a dude with 25 screamers a few months back. He used this trick. deepstrike into the game, fly over as many units as possible, between 25 and 75 S4 hits kill any unit dead. game was over turn 2 (the turn he had his screamers enter the game)

I should have guessed when he asked if I cared about maximum unit sizes.... I was stupid enough to believe it could be fun.

25?! There's a reason they are limited to 9 Screamers/unit! It's not like they need any help to kill stuff!

Archived