Alpha Legion at Istvaan V

Excessus

The Alpha Legion has a special adoration for anonymity and the commanders try to dress as similar to their troops as possible to disappear in the crowd. But how would this translate to massed warfare at Istvaan V? What do you think Alpha Legion models will be like? Blinged out or not?

The Alpha Legion has a special adoration for anonymity and the commanders try to dress as similar to their troops as possible to disappear in the crowd. But how would this translate to massed warfare at Istvaan V? What do you think Alpha Legion models will be like? Blinged out or not?

I'd say they would look pretty much the same every single one of them and it would be difficult to single out sergeants and other unit commanders.

I'd say they would look pretty much the same every single one of them and it would be difficult to single out sergeants and other unit commanders.

The problem with this is the dullness of the army. It would be insanely boring modelwise to not have any commanders standing out from the rest of the crowd, though I agree it would most likely be the most fluffy way to depict them...

The problem with this is the dullness of the army. It would be insanely boring modelwise to not have any commanders standing out from the rest of the crowd, though I agree it would most likely be the most fluffy way to depict them...

paint them all wearing scale armor and wearing guy fawkes mask...

You could paint a few of them in different schemes, this way the enemy will think they are officers.

I love this idea! If I ever do an Alpha Legion army I'm going to make my commander really drab and a sergeant/Aspiring Champion from the same squad look far more epic. It would fit in so nicely with the "I'm Alpharius!" vibe of the legion.

I'm going to sculpt some hydras on my commanders armour and probably give him a scale cloak, but otherwise not go to overboard. I was thinking of a crested helm but its probably going to far. Also going to paint some scales on certain models. Not full green ones, I want it to look like a slow change to the 40k style.

• 2 weeks later...
I love the AL but this is one army that i will wait for the book to come out to do. Too much confusion about their markings and wargear......kinda fitting if you think about it.

Archived