Death Company Allies

Jarl Deathwolf

I would consider a Stormraven for the transportation of the DC. The Wolves are lacking AA capacity and Stormraven would plug that hole nicely. 6 to 8 DC with a few power weapon distributed in the squad would do nicely accompanied by a divination librarian. The Librarian can also prescience the SR for the first round of shooting to increase the alpha strike and then the DC in assault and shooting.

This is basically what I run in my 1500pts of blood angels. However I'm not sure about the librarian anymore as they seem pretty steep at 100pts for a level 1 mastery. Might be better purchasing another HQ and using your rune priest to do the job?

I agree that a rune priest would be a better choice overall, however the BA librarian seems to be the most cost efficient choice compared to other options in the BA codex, since he is obligated to get an HQ when inducting allies. A chaplain comes to mind as a natural extention the Death Company however he is more costly and his bonus is only good, as devastating as it is, in the round of first assault.

I would consider a Stormraven for the transportation of the DC. The Wolves are lacking AA capacity and Stormraven would plug that hole nicely. 6 to 8 DC with a few power weapon distributed in the squad would do nicely accompanied by a divination librarian. The Librarian can also prescience the SR for the first round of shooting to increase the alpha strike and then the DC in assault and shooting.

This is basically what I run in my 1500pts of blood angels. However I'm not sure about the librarian anymore as they seem pretty steep at 100pts for a level 1 mastery. Might be better purchasing another HQ and using your rune priest to do the job?

I agree that a rune priest would be a better choice overall, however the BA librarian seems to be the most cost efficient choice compared to other options in the BA codex, since he is obligated to get an HQ when inducting allies. A chaplain comes to mind as a natural extention the Death Company however he is more costly and his bonus is only good, as devastating as it is, in the round of first assault.

well a Librarian HQ is 100pts, and a Chaplain Elite choice is 100pt. So you could still have 1 cheap leader, and 1 cheap IC choice to lead the DC. Over all the librarian is a support character he isn't suppose to be a combat monster ( that's Mephy's job) The combat role go to the Chaplain that comes with a PF option, and a Rosaris. As you engage a unit with your DC somehow your leader may take hits too. So a Libby is vulnerable to everything ( unless he got some shield power, etc. I personally don't use a Librarian in my DC unit, as I want to get the most points back when they attack. I use the Libby to support units that are more inclined to die quicker ie, RAS, SternGuards, like units that don't have the FNP, or a SS option.

I'm not sure you'll want to Prescience the Raven, either. Only the Blood Strikes would gain anything from it and I'd rather not risk a perils to reroll just those unless I had a really high-priority target that NEEDS to be eliminated.

Archived