New Dark Angels Project

donnyz

Hey guys, so for my inaugural post, here's the new army I just picked up:

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa387/enderci/DA%20Project/DAArmyPurchase_zps973813d2.jpg

The army will consist of the following:

Azrael

Librarian

Tactical Squad w/ Missile and Plasma

Termi's w/ Assault cannon and other goodies

Termi's w/ Plasma cannon and other goodies

Deathwing Knights

6 Ravenwing Bikers w/ 2 Plasma

Assault Bike w/ MM

Land Speeder Typhoon

3 Ravenwing Bikers w/ Plasma

6 Ravenwing Knights

2 Nephalim Fighters

Aegis Defense Line

I just bought it today, and I'm hoping to have the majority of it built by tomorrow afternoon so I can start painting (yay new airbrush!)

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I would love input on the load-outs of the terminators, and a little encouragement never hurt anyone.

Thanks guys,

DonnyZ

All i can say is i am soooo jelly... xD I have a smaller DA army and when i saw the book and new models I looked at my debit account and told myself to not fall to the awesome, can't really help with a list because I havent bought the codex, but good luck and I can't wait to see what you do with it all

Wow, that is a lot of plastic! Looking forward to seeing this project develop- and welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword! This is one heck of an inaugural post.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this- but we are having a Librarium painting challenge- (the rules are in the questions subsection of the painting converting and artwork forum). It would make a pretty big impression as a new recruit to the Dark Angels if you took up a vow (plus if you complete it, you get a cool signature banner which will had some wow factor to your profile on here.)

Best of luck, and get more pictures up soon! (And don't hesitate to ask questions, this is a pretty spectacular, personable forum)

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. I might just take that librarium challenge... gonna have to break away from the models and do some actual reading now I guess. I didn't get to work on them at all yesterday as I had to move out of my apartment and into a house yesterday. But, today I built everything to the point where it can be painted.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa387/enderci/DA%20Project/397443_10151385149730020_1783556975_n_zpsba2e0d2c.jpg

I am painting the torsos of the bikers and all the arms/backpacks that I can separately. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to buy the resin bases for the army. Also, the army will be classic dark angels. The only thing I'm nervous about painting is the Ravenwing, as black has always been a touchy color for me. Anyway, I'm going to start priming tonight, and I'll hopefully be able to post some more pictures later.

DonnyZ

Yay actual painting!

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa387/enderci/DA%20Project/9665F86E-A4B0-4868-9A45-96BA66498C02-826-0000016733E1ABD7.jpg

the group shot

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa387/enderci/DA%20Project/449A7484-CE2E-40F3-AB4F-D7889E00EFBE-826-0000016729B3FE01.jpg

and a slightly blurry closup of one of the terminators. i'm going to hit the terminators with white and the ravenwing with a light grey, then on to brush work!

DonnyZ

Thanks brother, words of encouragement are always appreciated. I'm going to try and rough out the rest of the colors on all the terminators tonight, see how far I can get.

DonnyZ

Looking good, and welcome to the B&C brother!

The answer to the termie loadout question is magnets. Grab a load of 1/8" x 1/32 I think is the size I use. Drill into the torsos a bit and insert a magnet where each arm attaches, then stick a magnet in each shoulder. No more problems! :D

Artemid, the problem I then run into is I only have so many of the sculpted shoulderpads, so how do I switch those out while I'm switching out the arms?

DonnyZ

Archived