The new Belial model, in Finecast

Pbenner

Hey all,

I tried to order this model through my FLGS, and was shot down due to some issue he is having with his channel, so I started looking around. I guess that the new Belial model is now back ordered by about 2 months. Nearly cried...

Furiously drove the hour drive to my closest GW store, bought the last one on the shelf, and I must say, Finecast has come a long way.

The model is flawless, and while there are some very thing parts, there are no holes or bubbles, and with paint, you'll never know. Some of the things of note:

1) Lots of bracing. IT appears that anything that could be thin or flimsy has it's own brace molded on that has to be removed. While it's a pain on smaller things, it would be more painful to have to repair, I think.

2) Very good detail work. All the details are superb, far surpassing my expectations. While it could be easily lost with too much paint, it looks very nice to begin with.

3) No extras molded in. The heraldry crest on the shoulder is not part of the arm, and I am not a big fan of these, so it obviously didn't get installed. Made me very happy.

All in all, this model has made me decide that maybe it's time to give finecast another chance. Not sure where I may go next, but we'll see.

Best,

Paul

Besides the fact that he looks like he about to pee... Lol... I actually like this model but it ain't the bees knees if you know what I mean.

It's awesome that he finally has his model but I think ima be doing to a conversion with a chaos termie lord and dw sprues. To many bits on the latter for me to not try to out do gw.

Glad you like him, I don't.

i have to agree, when GW first launched finecast stuff i picked up an Emperor's champion and it was terrible, i mean massive bubbles and holes everywhere and i swore off the stuff. In the past month I hesitently picked up a tyranid lictor and hive guard model in finecast and i have to say these models changed my mind on finecast. One or two fixable bubbles but nothing major, im still not happy with how flexable and flismy the stuff is though, the solid/thicker parts are fine but any of the swords/poles banners ect get thin and make me super nervous.

I wish his pose wasn't so static. He looks too steril. I mean, look at Lysander. That model pulses with menace. It looks like he is a battlefield juggernaught. Then u see belial, standing like he's screwing in a lightbulb.

You are one of the lucky ones... Mine came in Failcast... His strap for the bolter was so riddled with bubbles that it broke off, his hood has a hole in it on the left side because because of a thin spot, all but three studs remain on his left shoulder because of all the air bubbles...

I called Customer Service about it, but like you found out... He is on back order...

As much as I hate metal, I think I hate Failcast even more....

You are one of the lucky ones... Mine came in Failcast... His strap for the bolter was so riddled with bubbles that it broke off, his hood has a hole in it on the left side because because of a thin spot, all but three studs remain on his left shoulder because of all the air bubbles...

I called Customer Service about it, but like you found out... He is on back order...

That sucks man. I really think it is just that they are producing them too fast. They need to go a little slower and a lot of these problems will be better.

I mean it's not the resin mix they are using, FW uses it too and from them there is no where near the same amount of problems That I have seen from the brand called Finecast that GW does. Although I will still say I like Finecsast but I have been good so far with the models I have gotten.

That sucks man. I really think it is just that they are producing them too fast. They need to go a little slower and a lot of these problems will be better.

I mean it's not the resin mix they are using, FW uses it too and from them there is no where near the same amount of problems That I have seen from the brand called Finecast that GW does. Although I will still say I like Finecsast but I have been good so far with the models I have gotten.

My luck is like that though... If there is a problem with something, I'm going to be the one to find it...

I got Belial, Azmodai and Bethor at the same time. Only Azmodai was relatively flawless, and he still had some bubbling, but not enough that a little greenstuff couldnt fix. The chain around Bethors neck is just gone, the grenade at his waist is missing about 2/3s of itself, there is are several holes and thin spots in the banner, the backpack is misshapen, and the hem of his robe is a crumbly mess... These were the first Finecast minis I've ever bought... oh well...

Archived