DW questions

Brother Vincentius

This might have been covered elsewhere, but...

Are CML/ LC still legal? The rules say one termie can take a CML and that all can replace ALL weapons with LC. So, I'm torn. Can they take both? Can they pay for the CML than replace it with LC? Help me, O hallowed brothers of the Rock.

Also, how does the "smite" special rule work for DWK. It says "one use only," so is that one attack or one round of attacks.

Personally, I think CML/ LC are still legal, and smite lasts for a round, but the wordings iffy and I'd like to know what you all think.

Start at the top of the page and work down, just like with any other book. So replace all weapons with TH&SS or TLC and then add a cyclone. Perfectly legal nobody could reasonably object.

That was my reasoning too. What about, "smite?"

Smite is a Deathwing Knight ability. What about it?

Also, how does the "smite" special rule work for DWK. It says "one use only," so is that one attack or one round of attacks.

^this.

So your Deathwing Knights are in melee with a foul beast that must be brought down, and fast. You declare the Deathwing Knights are using the smite ability. All of the ones equipped with Maces of Absolution (so not counting the Knight Master) gain +6 STR and AP 2 for all of their attacks for that round of combat.

C'mon guys, the question's right there in the first post.

I can only assume that it lasts for one assault phase. I hadn't doubted that until you asked. unsure.png

Start at the top of the page and work down, just like with any other book. So replace all weapons with TH&SS or TLC and then add a cyclone. Perfectly legal nobody could reasonably object.

They're in reverse order for the Deathwing Command squad, which seems like an odd exception to make. Are you sure GW are that logical when laying out the pages?

[edit] Double ninja'd!

They're in reverse order for the Deathwing Command squad, which seems like an odd exception to make. Are sure GW are that logical when laying out the pages?

I don't think there is a specific order, you are more importantly following the model's profile. They are still "Deathwing Terminators" regardless of if they have DLC, TH/SS or heavy weapons and there is nothing that specifically forbids from taking more than one piece of the gear that is allocated to "Deathwing Terminators".

Archived