My blood angels

Papa Lazarou

Love the red, but shame about the Raven's tail. The Dred's great, really good job. Why do all of your marines seem to be very interested in the floor in front of them? Personally I'd angle the helmets up a bit if I were you. whistlingW.gif

Awesome marines. That dark red and white really ties the noble Blood Angels theme with their dark side.

Any chance you'd be willing to share your red recipe?

Thanks terminatorAM. The basecoating is done with an airbrush, saves a lifetime but the the highlighting just adds to it again.wallbash.gif

Black basecoat

1:1 Mephiston Red/Abbadon Black

Mephitston Red

Evil Suns Scarlet

Wild Rider Red to pick out the edges

Gloss Coat

Argax Earthshade Wash - mix with a little bit of water

Black wash in recessess

Wild Rider Red Highlight

Elf Flesh Fine Highlight

1:10 Crimson Carrsburg/Water Wash to tie the highlights together.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

5 man death company squad done, I stripped these down from when I first painted them a while back so a few of the blood drops have broken off but hey. It was nice to take a break from red which is all I've seemed to have done recently. What do you think?

gallery_67911_8051_508742.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_193027.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_232760.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_541462.jpg

I think some of the larger gold areas are too bright. I personally prefer an "older" gold. That's why I use bronze for my gold. It's only the gold I'm less enthusiastic about. The rest of the color choices I think are great.

I like to sneak green onto my models. On trinkets/buttons/small things.

I think they look great, the large areas of contrasting colors (gold and parchment) are a nice way to break up the sea of black paint and draw attention to the details. Nicely done!

• 5 months later...

Okay all I'm back. Finally finished my furioso, work has been so crazy I've barely had time to paint. Good news is I've got the painting bug so after this is a Baal predator.

I'm probably about 85% happy with it, scroll work could have been better and the gold face too, but hey I can live with it. Anyway what do you think?

gallery_67911_8051_235547.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_275408.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_2202.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_75066.jpg

I like it a lot! I kept staring at the first picture. It appears as if there's a bigger gun mounted beneath the Frag cannon. Alas it was only the wall behind.

Good work, Brother. :tu:

I like it a lot! I kept staring at the first picture. It appears as if there's a bigger gun mounted beneath the Frag cannon. Alas it was only the wall behind.

Good work, Brother. thumbsup.gif

Thanks Taranis, I know what you mean now, how cool would that look if it actually looked like that.

I need to change!

Awesome Stuff Brother!

Hahaha thanks Wolf_Pack biggrin.png

Archived