Mace of redemption bitz

Tiger9gamer

Alright, so I got an idea on how to make a good HQ off of the Terminator chaplain GW makes. Only problem is, I don't really know what would be the best bit to use :/ I'm looking for a right hand terminator mace, and I kinda want it a little different from the DW knights kit.

Any suggestions?

but how should I fix up the hand?

Personally, I would just cut off the top of the Crozius and then place the mace head on it. However if you really want a different haft, you could just slice above and below the fist, leaving only it behind, and then simply glue (after pinning on both sides of the fist) the haft above and below the fist that you have chosen. Place the mace head and Robert is your mother's brother...

The problem is rather that he wants to replace the storm bolter with the mace so that the chaplain carries a mace and the crozius. As the model holds the storm bolter in a forward position the hand is in an awkward position to hold the mace.

trim the storm bolter hand off at at the wrist and use an assault terminator thunder hammer/hand. either remove the hammer and replace entirely with the mace of your chosing or keep the haft of the hammer and replace the head with the mace.

I would use the Mace weapon from the Warriors of Chaos Knights.

I used it for my foot mounted Hero as seen here

The spike on the end was my addition, its a skull normally I believe.

That's what I've used on my new power armoured Company Master. It's perfect for representing the Mace of Redemption.

I'm pretty sure the terminator chaplain model has both arms as seperate pieces. The original metal model (http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/sprues/data/946/medium/Terminator_Chaplain_Back.JPG) was anyway, so I assume the finecast version is the same.

I'll echo lhg033's suggestion about using an assault terminator thunder hammer. I'd use the whole arm (probably one of the ones that are angled forward), remove the hammer head and replace it with the head of the chaos warrior mace. That way the Mace will still have a power generator built into the haft.

Sweet! my plan is unfolding nicely thanks.gif

Now, I have an extra thunder hammer from th DWK command box, so I could use that (was planning on saving it, but oh well whistlingW.gif ) Also, made a discovery, in that the hand holding the hammer is basically the same type of hand holding a power armored chainsword! so, I could use a regular useless sword and convert my very own mace!

Archived