Body count vs. Victory Points

terminatorAM

When does low model count become too low or victory points too high? Those are the questions...

I ask because Blood Angel lists rely on force multipliers like priests that take up points, but make for low model count and high number of kill points if you have too many.

I think I found a balance in this 2000 pnt list by using HG for the included priest and trying to make every unit serve multipurpose roles to increase the other's effectiveness (no one's commented on it yet ermm.gif ): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/270001-flesh-tearers-2000pnts-of-elite-speed/

So what are some tactics you use to keep up the numbers of your army but give your opponent limited kills? Also force multiplication tactics would be good to compile all in one place

As long as you're not taking really small, squishy units that easily give away First Blood, the number of killpoints in your list is largely irrelevant. It went from 1 in 3 missions being KP's, to 1 in 6. Something to idly consider now, but its not the liability it used to be. Now when I'm list building I only really consider what my chances are of scoring First Blood, and my ability to deny it to my opponent.

Archived