I have read through our new codex a few times and there always seemed to be something off but i couldn't figure out what was missing.  Then tonight it hit me! on page 65 in the Dark Angels Vehicle Equipment section they have listed a locator beacon but but on page 91 in the Dark Angels Wargear List the locator beacon is not listed.  The locator beacon does the same thing as the teleport homer but is listed as two different peices of equipment.  I searched through the codex and looked at all of the vehicle loadouts and no vehicle is given this equipment.  So I ask my fellow Battle Brothers, do you think that this is a miss print and left off of page 91 by mistake or maybe there is plans for another new vehicle that GW is just going to do a WD for?

Drop pods should have locator beacons.

just checked, you're right. weird. I swore they got one (I'm like 99% sure it's listed in the dex at all for DPs). Maybe it got FAQ'd?

The Locator Beacon is not the same thing as the Teleport Homer. Teleport Homers can only be used by Teleporting units (i.e. Terminators), while Locator Beacons can be utilised by ANY Deep Striking unit, regardless of the method of their Strike.

Archived