600p tourney Grey Knights

Krieghammer

I am attending a 600p tournament next week, and so I am planing on playing with the Grey Knight!

Have any of you guys had any experience with GK at 600p? I just recently came back to 40k with the new DA codex.. but want to give my GK a go too!

So, what I was thinking was:

At low points people would have a problem with a Land Raider, and at the same time it would grant me decent anti tank and a more or less safe charge in round 2 or 3.

So I went for a Land Raider with terminators in it, then the cheapest Inq HQ, and then i had points for a 5man SSGK with hammer. The complete list is as follows:

Inquisitor

GK Terminators

- 4x Halberds

- 1x Daemon Hammer

GK Strike Squad

- Psycannon

Land Raider

- Multimelta

Total Cost: 600

What tactics should i consider? I thought termins in the landraider would be most effective and then have the GKSS as some kind of light support, alternatively deep striking?

Here comes a picture of the Land Raider, which is the cornerstone of the list... The inquisitor beeing a old Sisters of Battle model. Then some of the brothers Grey Knights.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/292/imag0093qj.jpg

What do you think of the painting? smile.png

Hey Kh,

Some beautiful work you got there! The only hesitation I would have about the list is your HQ: with no entourage and a higher save, it could be some easy points for your enemy. But that's the sacrifice for bringing a Landraider in :P 

It looks like a fun list, and it will look gorgeous on the table. 

Regards,

Hey Kh,

Some beautiful work you got there! The only hesitation I would have about the list is your HQ: with no entourage and a higher save, it could be some easy points for your enemy. But that's the sacrifice for bringing a Landraider in tongue.png

Yea, I agree with the HQ beeing very weak.. But as you say, that is what it takes to bring a Land Raider at 600p.. And I see that as a fair trade off.

why not a psycannon instead of the hammer? you're more likely to sit on a obj and blast away than get in combat so the extra firepower will come in handy methinks laugh.png

I'm in total agreement with Alaric on this. You will get far more bang for your buck with a psycannon over a hammer. This will be even more evidant at 600 points.

why not a psycannon instead of the hammer? you're more likely to sit on a obj and blast away than get in combat so the extra firepower will come in handy methinks laugh.png

I'm in total agreement with Alaric on this. You will get far more bang for your buck with a psycannon over a hammer. This will be even more evidant at 600 points.

Yeah, it makes sense! Assuming you are reffering to the strike squad. Will swap hammer for psycannon!

Archived