Sob flyer

BenjamminUK

If you're using it as a counts-as Avenger, then sure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/Forum%20Comments/MikoChildJoy_zps0b300f5f.png Hee. I have one. A Nephilim. I WILL CONVERT IT!

Nephilim sounds cooler than Dark Talon and the kit makes either. :p Besides, the Nephilim is the one with the avenger bolt cannon under it, the Dark Talon is the one with the shrine.

I'm still trying to work out if its worth trying to move the engines out. They seem pretty firmly part of the fuselage.

As of Imperial Armour Aeronautica, it clearly shows which vehicles can and cannot be used in Warhammer 40k games.

There is a stamp that shows either 40k or Apocolype on it, the Avenger is usable in any Warhammer 40k book, so is legal.

Now ofcourse you will find there are some that don't like forgeworld miniatures for whatever reason, but if you can point that out to them that makes the difference.

Me i personnally like to use mine, and when i get people claim its not legal i whip out the book and show them.

Yeah, but then they make stupid arguments, so don't forget to show them the Publisher's Information in the front of the book that proves that Forge World is actually published by Games Workshop and aren't just a third party company making up whatever they like.

Nephilim sounds cooler than Dark Talon and the kit makes either. tongue.png Besides, the Nephilim is the one with the avenger bolt cannon under it, the Dark Talon is the one with the shrine.

Isent it the other way around?? Dark talon is the Gun ship and Nephilim is the Flying church??

Nephilim sounds cooler than Dark Talon and the kit makes either. tongue.png Besides, the Nephilim is the one with the avenger bolt cannon under it, the Dark Talon is the one with the shrine.

I'm still trying to work out if its worth trying to move the engines out. They seem pretty firmly part of the fuselage.

Let us know what you come up with. I'm really tempted to convert an avenger from the DT/Neph but I don't want a DT with sister icons. I want something that looks like an avenger and is true to fluff and piloted by navy. Extending the tail and possibly the front is no problem but having the engines on the wings might.

I do like the Forge World Avenger model, it's just outside my price range at the moment. I got my Nephilim at a significant discount from Gifts for Geeks, since they're my FLGS and sponsor the gaming club I'm part of (£34 instead of £45!).

My plan is to eventually have three Avengers - one Nephilim conversion (yes, the Nephilim is the fighter, the Dark Talon is the church/prison), one FW Avenger, and one which I plan to kitbash out of an A-10 Warthog and a Stuka.

It does amuse me that for all the DA are raving over it, their Nephilim is 180 points for AV11 and the AMB is only AP4 instead of the ABC's AP3, and the Avenger has more guns. :D Actually, the Nephilim's a bit cack, really, rules wise.

I think I might just take a hacksaw to the Nephilim's cockpit section and smooth over the holds with plasticard and milliput, see if I can't make it work a bit. ^^; carving things up always makes me a bit nervous though, and I'll have to make more wing pieces to go between the engine and the fuselage since the Nephilim kit actually has really short wings.

i got 2 of the Nepihilian (did i spell that right?? and who da hell comes up with the names??) with minor conversion on them :P just the cocpit and the Sisters symbols... any one tryied cuting the Back wings of?? and replaced them with the Avengers H shape?

It's called a tailplane. ;)

Also, Nephilim is a hebrew word that describes a child born of the union between angel and mortal. Nephilim are considered to be universally evil because in order to produce a child with a human, an angel has to fall from grace.

I think I probably will replace the tail with the H-shape - it's a simple matter of removing the ventral tailfin and shaping replacements. Probably pattern them off the Valkrie.

If you are going to run an Avenger, let me give you some advice on it. I have been running one for a while now and realized it has some amazing strenghs but several nasty drawbacks. It works best if it arrives AFTER the enemy flyers. With its ability to deep strike you can arrive behind enemy aircraft and deliver a blow it its rear armor. The main flaw to this is it leaves your sides and rear toward the enemy. With the VERY LOW armor it is easy to kill. If you plan to fly it on, take bombs. Droping them over the enemy durring your movement then shooting at something else makes it really mean.

My favorit strat is to keep it on/off the table.

- Round one I try to put what ever I can into taking out interceptor/skyfire stuff. If it gets shot at on arrival it will go away.

- I deep strike it behind enemy flyers. If the enemy has more then one flyer on the table, I try to place it where it can shoot lowest armor one flyer and try to keep the defence snubber where it has a chance to hit something as well. At best you will glance but it's a hull point off.

- If second enemy flyer on the table still, I fly it off the table droping bombs on the way out. (Repeat deepstrike)

The Avenger is a great model. It's large, inspiring, and some of the engine detailing is amazing.

I have one, all painted up and loaded out, and everyone loves it.

The rules are balanced, it comes with varies weapon loadouts, and can be used against other flyers, ground vehicles or heavy troops with ease.

• 2 months later...

Archived