ShadowSong Painting Vow

ShadowSong7007

So this here is my thread to show my progress and hopefully peer pressure me into finishing my vow. First a disclaimer, this thread is not to teach anyone how to properly do anything. You want to see pictures of someone with skill who paints Crimson Fists go to

Kantor's Last Stand (A Crimson Fist WIP Thread)

I just noticed this shout out.  Thanks for the compliment, Brother.

Hey, I call it like I see it, I have used and still use your thread and Dorns_Fist for reference on painting Crimsons Fists. It's the least i can do to post a shout out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing major to show, made some progress though.

DSCN0452

Slowly but surely working on the scout squad

This is the sergeant for the squad. Gave him a combi flamer, mainly for the fact that I only have enough shotguns for 8 scouts, and the sarge always needs something cooler than the grunts. I figure a one shot flamer may come in handy right before they charge/get charged in CC.

DSCN0449

DSCN0448

DSCN0447

DSCN0446

Gotta show the bad with the good I suppose. This is my first attempt to freehand paint the Chapter symbol on the shoulder. Slightly terrible but practice makes perfect.

DSCN0451

Really like the combi flamer. With the chapter symbol I found making block shapes then cutting it up with your brush and final layer paint colour really helps.

Really like the combi flamer. With the chapter symbol I found making block shapes then cutting it up with your brush and final layer paint colour really helps.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to apologize for dropping the ball on the ETL 2.

Long story short we got super busy at work and I wound up working 60+ hours weeks all summer. That meant I came home and crashed, so I now wear the badge of shame. Good news is I have a pretty decent chunk of change in the bank for the new Space Marine releases. Currently working on a FoB themed tactical squad. Will post some pictures after I get out of class.

Boo yah. Made a squad out the Assault on Black Reach marines I have, which is close to a billion. I really like the lore surrounding the Chapters made from the Imperial Fist legion and their successors. Most chapters take on the better than thou attitude but the IF really seem like they mean it when they call someone brother. After reading about the Feast of Blades I always wanted to do a squad of chapters from the Feast of Blades. So here it is, 10 chapters represented, all of which are of Dorn's geneseed. I confirmed using the B&C and Lexicanium. 40k wiki listed a bunch of chapters that I would have loved to paint up but I could find nothing beyond a list on wiki that confirmed if a chapter was actually a successor. 

Subjugator

Subjugator Chapter

Fire Lord

Fire Lords Chapter ( yeah I know how cliche' that hes the flamer guy) 

Imperial Fist

Imperial Fist Sergeant, 6th Company

Executioner

Executioner, I had a hell of a time this guy. No one seems to paint them the same way. So painted with a bronze pad on the left and a Green pad on the right to indicate hes a tactical marine. 

Iron Champion

Iron Champion

Imperial Fists

Imperial Fist with some bros

Knights of Dorn

Knight of Dorn

Hammer Of Dorn

Hammer of Dorn

Black Templar

Black Templar, you think I would forget you guys? 2nd founding homies 4 LiFe!

Iron Knight

Excoriaters and Iron Knights

• 8 months later...

I ShadowSong7007 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Vindicator from Codex: Space Marines of total value of 125pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Crimson Fists and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end. 

ETL3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306912-e-tenebrae-lux-iv-codex-strategium/?p=4029065

That up there is my vow for this year, nothing major but something my army needs. I'm thinking for this year I'll mostly do transports and fast attack. My army has plenty of dakka but not enough speed. I hope to remedy that. 

Point breakdown 

Chaplin with Terminator Armor - 120

Assault Squad with 10 marines 

2 Plasma Pistols 

Vet Sergeant with Plasma Pistol - 220 

Total: 340

• 1 year later...

Shadowsong7007 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts, 1 Venerable Dreadnought and an Imperial Knight from Codex: Space Marines and Codex: Imperial Knights  of total value 880 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Medusa and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322376-e-tenebrae-lux-v-codex-strategium/?p=4394738

There it be, the vow for 2016. Unlike last year I'm actually feeling it this year. I've got a decent game group and and I'm having fun. I'm also intimidated, first Knight I've ever owned and if I do bad on it then everyone will be able to see it. No pressure. 

So the first thing is a Venerable Dreadnought I recieved that needed some TLC. Quick couple of dunks in purple power and some scrubbing and now he has a fresh coat of primer on him ready to join the Sons of Medusa. 

First Vow 2

Secondly are the pair of Contemptors that will join the Chapter soon. Still on sprue, just chillin. 

First Vow 1

last but not least is the Big Daddy himself who will be painted in the House Cadmus scheme. I like it, plus it seems fluffy. House Cadmus decided to break away from such close ties with the Mechnicum and the Sons of Medusa had a falling out with the Iron Hands. Argumentative and headstrong, like me! 

First Vow 3

Cadmus Colour Scheme

So thats my vow for 2016, I'll post some Sons of Medusa once I'm finished with them so you'll know what thhis stuff will wind up looking like. 

So nothing to do with my ETL vow but I wanted to show these. Was working on them before the ETL vow so I want to finish them before I get started. 

ETL3

ETL4

ETL2

ETL1

Going to get decals on them tonight, still undecided on what I want to do for the base. Thinking some standard reddish-brown sand and call it a day. 

Archived