Wolves versus Tyranids...but what colour?

solo21

It depends on what color you painted your wolves. If they are grey (like actually grey), anything contrasts grey.  I suggest bright colors. 

If your wolves are painted light blue, like in the codex, I suggest orange. But all orange would be blah.  It wouldnt be bad as part of a pattern color.

Not the best of help I'm afraid, but if you have a copy of DoW 2 Retri, you could use the Army Painter option there to paint your own Space Wolf scheme (or use the standard one), as well as the tyranid scheme.  You could then make a few print screen shots and have a quick and dirty way of comparing colour contrasts that way.

i would say stark contrast would be good, i'm doing the same thing at the moment (painting up my wolves and building a hive fleet).

what i have for my space wolves is gray, black, and dark red with some gold, and what im doing with my tyranids is painting them with vibrant colors of all sorts with a pandoran theme from the movie avatar.

but it would be cool to see two armies and a game board that all matched, like ice nids and space wolves on a winter themed game board

Archived