So the Chaplin

Drahazar

If you're activating smite when you go on the charge, everything you're fighting will die. I can see it. ReRolling to hit is an awesome ability. I used to use a chaplain and belial whenever I wanted my hammernators to be a super Killy Death Star.

I like the chaplain more than the libby, because I don't have to risk perils when I want Re-rolling to hit, and in a unit like that, I want him to have more than 2 wounds

also, if your thinking of making him a Close combat warrior, I suggest giving him the Mace of redemption in place of his storm bolter. 5 AP3 Attacks on the charge with re-rolling can really help it's damage output against regular marines, and he can take a few hits when he is in base to base with a buddy. all for around 170pts!

(smite is the s+6 AP2 attack thing)

Honestly with a Knight unit I wouldn't go over 7 since the maximum capacity of a Land Raider Crusader is 16. It allows you to throw in 1 extra character in the vehicle (terminators count as 2 models in transports except for the Caestus Assault Ram which allows a flat 10). Personally I will probably do 6. That way I can throw in Belial and either a Terminator Chaplain or Librarian and put them in a LRC. The reason I saw this is because I like to have the option to assault out of a transport since DWA doesn't allow you to assault on the deepstrike (correct me if I'm wrong here)

im looking to put one in my army to join either a 10 man termie squad or my close combat directed command squad and land raider crusader and im planning to build an interogator chaplain with termie armour, lions roar and mace of redemption... 

I've had a few games with them at full 10 man units. The first game my opponent ran away from them, and since they didn't have a transport I couldn't really catch up. And the second game my opponent threw pretty much half his army at them. They lasted till turn 4. Even though they were wiped to the man they did hold up almost 1k of points. So I think 10 might actually be overkill. I would have to agree with Weber. 7 sounds about right to me.

As to Deep Striking or LRC, if you have the points I say go with the LRC. If you don't put Belial in there with TH/SS and Deep Strike them. And while the Chaplain is a good CC character. I just feel the Librarian is more versatile. For 10 points less than an Interrogator-Chaplain in TDA you can get a lvl 2 Librarian in TDA. So you can auto get Prescience for re-rolls to hit and then an extra power. And some of these powers are really insane. And the other bonus to a Librarian? You can model whatever type of force weapon you want! You want more AP2 in that DWK squad? Get the Axe. If you want a unit of all S6 dudes, use a mace. And on top of that you can still equip him with the Mace of Redemption. So model him with a force axe and a mace and then BAM, even more utility. The only downside here is that the Librarian will have a 5++ while the Interrogator-Chaplain will have a 4++.

It's a shame that I feel this way towards the Librarian. What initially sucked me into the DA, other than the Deathwing, was how awesome the Chaplains are to the chapter. I wish I could just sit here and say, yeah the Chaplain, in my eyes, is a better choice than the Librarian. But I don't feel that way sad.png

Eh, still I like like the chaplain more than the libby. I have incredibly bad luck with the libby (2 games I played with him, he periled himself :/ first game ever he died in the first turn and gave up first blood.) so hatred is pretty useful for me when attacking. Also, I think the 3 attack, 4++, 3w model could be better for the role he plays in the DWK squad. if he is going to be stuffed in an LRC, I don't want to waste my librarian's powers for that many turns it takes to get up there.

Like I said, the Chaplain is more CC oriented than the Librarian, that I agree with. I just feel the Librarian can be more versatile. Especially a lvl2 one. That way he can cast prescience and make his attacks with his force weapon count as instant death, and with the FAQ on FnP and Instant death weapons, that becomes really valuable to those tough to kill units.

In the end though, it is personal preference. And that's mine :P

Archived