Juggernaut and bikers

Grizzly Adams

Thought I would ask you guys what you thought, as my buddies and I have read and read and can't come up with a definitive answer one way or another.

My question revolves around taking a khorne lord on a juggernaut and attaching him to a squad of khorne bikers. How does this affect the squad when trying to run or turbo boost? Can the bikes boost and The Lord run as long as they stay in coherency or since The Lord can't boost and the bikes can't run, they are stuck twiddling their thumbs?

In 6th, a squad is not stuck moving at the speed of its slowest model, so I don't see that as bein the issue. It really starts once you start getting into the run / turbo boost rules. I have not found any way to read it that definitively reads one way or the other, but thought I'd get y'all's opinions on it.

It would be nice if GW covered things like units of a mixed type in regards to movement in the shooting phase, whatever method that is.

I feel that you can boost the Bikes and run the Lord. I can't back that up with definitive proof (of course if that could be done you wouldn't be asking ;)), but that's how I interpret it.

brb, p.10 different movement distances: sometimes, a unit will contain models that move at different speeds. When this is the case, each model can move upt to its maximum movement allowance so long as it remains in unit coherency.

There are some that would protest and cite the rules for "run", but don't mind them. It seems silly that you couldn't run and boost within the same unit, and the run rule thing is ambiguous at best...

It is a very unwise thing to do , because as soon as you boost your bikers and jugger lord will have a different cover save and then your opponent will use the focus fire rule and hit just the models with cover save X[which is probably going to be your lord most of the time].

It is a very unwise thing to do , because as soon as you boost your bikers and jugger lord will have a different cover save and then your opponent will use the focus fire rule and hit just the models with cover save X[which is probably going to be your lord most of the time].

Doesn't stop him from getting Look Out Sir though...and, you know, actually having him behind cover. It's a minimal risk...

True, you would get a cover save on the lord for the intervening unit. 
Still, if you turbo boost i think a bike's save is 4+? It's only 5+ for being behind another friendly unit, so .. it could be worse, but I'd probably personally rather they stay in coherency.

Also you useally gove the Seal of Corruption to the Lord, so he has a 4++ anyway...

Or...is still people out here playing a lord without the Seal?, after decades that we grinned and asked for a 4++, and now that we have it, do people still play a lord without it?...

Also whats that about intervening unit cover save?, the Lord is IN the Bike squadron, how does he get an intervening unit cover save?

no one is going to snipe you with a single or even triple las . now if 50% chance to save a wound is good enough when opposing dudes are runing around with +3 , is a totaly different thing to talk about , but If someone will hunt a lord in a unit of spawns or bikes [depands on what the lord sits] he is going to it with multi shot stuff. war walker squads . 2-3 psycannon armed squads .

If he is going to be singling him out with one shot weapons then it is either going to be a calidus , a sniping manticore or drake .

Archived