Vanilla Marine Player: Should I switch to the DA Codex?

Cobalt Scars

(*I noticed I can give 5-6man Tac squads a heavy weapon in my copy of army builder, is this correct? If so; YEAH!)

AB40K has not yet been updated to the new codex, so be wary of basing any plans on that... having said that their website suggests an update including 2013 DA is imminent.

(*I noticed I can give 5-6man Tac squads a heavy weapon in my copy of army builder, is this correct? If so; YEAH!)

AB40K has not yet been updated to the new codex, so be wary of basing any plans on that... having said that their website suggests an update including 2013 DA is imminent.

I don't use AB40k; nor do I use ArmyBuilder now, I just today swapped to BattleScribe xD

The DA are not just about the playability - its the whole backstory that kept lots of us loyal to the Lion whilst others got new Codicies.

If you are keen on the gothic warrior monk with a secret then go for it - don't just commit cause we have a new, stronger codex msn-wink.gif

+114487328734

@Djulius

You stole my Avatar! :D

Welcome to the circle brother, I've played Da since 2nd ed, I loathe vanilla marines for the fact they always seem to chump us when a new dex comes out. All in all I love the unforgiven their fluff is really cool and I like the warrior monk mentality of the unforgiven. I have always built muli-wing list for it's flexibilty, besides I love driving my opponents crazy with crazy Ravenwing tactics and the abilty to bring alot of fire power to bear in an istant is really useful. msn-wink.gif

Welcome to the circle brother, I've played Da since 2nd ed, I loathe vanilla marines for the fact they always seem to chump us when a new dex comes out. All in all I love the unforgiven their fluff is really cool and I like the warrior monk mentality of the unforgiven. I have always built muli-wing list for it's flexibilty, besides I love driving my opponents crazy with crazy Ravenwing tactics and the abilty to bring alot of fire power to bear in an istant is really useful. msn-wink.gif

My thanks. I'll be diving into my Bitz-box later tonight (hopefully) and seeing if I can get some tactical squads put together. I'm curious, has anyone ever used Imperial Guard missile launchers with Marines? I like the simple style quite a lot.

A little late to the thread. Since you said you are not playing to win but for fun, and not really "jumping ship", my question is, How fast will you drop the DA codex when something else comes along?

Is dropping $60 down for the codex no problem for you? If you do buy the DA codex (not sure if you will buy it since you said you have battlescribe) you might be buying a new codex since it will have something more suited to you. So you willing to not use the DA codex you paid for if and when something else comes out? I am just curious that is all.

Since you said you like what you saw in the DA codex, (or battlescribe) I say why not use it? Will it make you have fun when you play? Looks like it will. So I say go ahead and get the DA codex and what ever else you like in it. Just like how a lot of DA players used other Codexs to play as "counts as DA" you can do the same and use the DA codex as "counts as what ever your army is".

I say go ahead, and let us know how you use the DA codex for your army. Also about "masquarding" characters, I wouldn't worry about it. We all do it. Espically when we play successor DA chapters. The Belials are not Belials they are who ever they are. So do what YOU want, and don't worry what anyone else says.

Have fun and welcome to the fold. Even though you are not DA :P

Archived