Sgt w/ power weapon, artificer armor

Legion tactical squad - 270

20x marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-vox

Legion tactical squad - 270

20x marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-vox

Legion Heavy Support Squad - 285

10 marines, 10 missiles

------

My only gripe is that I have no idea how to get the CCW dread into combat, if I take a Praetor with the Rites of War: Orbital Assault, I can give him a dreadclaw, but that's a lot of points to sink for that ability. I also like this list because if necessary, I can add apothecaries to the tactical squads, and the breacher squad for 135 points, making it close to 2k... Another option is dropping a few upgrades, and slapping the Centurion with the heavy weapons squad as a Siege breaker, and crack open all those big vehicles..

So for starters what kind of Centurion is your HQ. I'm under the assumption you have to pick a consul type unless he's a Praetor which is what I'll assume he is. I will highly recommend a Paragon blade, it's a beast and fluffy. Your Praetor could essentially be Sigismund. Just make sure to add Digital Lasers for a cheap extra attack. This way he'll strike at initiative.

Overall this list will work extremely well at Zone Mortalis. However you will be vulnerable to the killing field. This is a list I'd make of I was defending a breach in the Imperial Palace Walls.

If you take Orbital Assault ALL your troops must take drop pods or have aircraft to drop them off. With your dreadnaughts the kheres is great and effective for anti-MEG and light vehicles. The CC Dread should have some Graviton Guns for anti armor and area denial. It's a great CC monster with them (as it's worded you can take one in each claw).

It might be prudent to add some rhinos to transport your troops. If that's not in the cards (I footslog my Astartes sometimes) make use of cover and change your CC dread a long range anti tank (lascannons or conversion beamer) and use them along with the Rapiers to make an effective firebase. You'll be able to threaten targets at maximum range and force your opponent to either come into range or engage at a distance. The latter is the most likely option so prepare for that. If you do a firebase a siege consul or master of signal. These are fluffy for IF. Siege and Defense are their strongpoints after all.

Actually after reading over your list again I like it except for your praetors thunder hammer. I just don't see the point when the paragon blade is available.

I'd definitely add those Apothecaries in there for footslogging squads and the Siege Breaker for pure awesome factor at seeing people like me cry as their FellBlade goes KABOOM!

Hah, it's mostly because I want to use my boarding marine, but with a Legion champion possibly in the works, it might be plausible to sub him out, and he'll be my sergeant for my breacher squad. If I drop the CCW dread, I can split the marine squads into sets of 10, and give them each a rhino. That would allow me to leave the breachers on home objectives as a "try to take it" threat.

Archived