Colouring my vehicles

Excessus

So, I'm building some vehicles for my Thousand Sons list, and my problem is that because the Thousand Sons don't have vehicles of their own, or crew to drive them around, I rely on my dark mechanicus friends to do that...

But what colours should they be in? I'll be using two forge fiends, and obviously metal and dark red will be used together with glowing green lenses and eyes on them as well as on my two magi(obliterators). But should there be any reference to their Thousand Sons patrons? Should I include any blue or gold?

What does the fluff say? What do you say?

Fluff says that the change from red to blue armour happened when Ahriman accepted his power and control over the renegade Thousand Sons. Really it depends on if your Dark Mechanicus have sworn allegiance to your Sorcerer or if they've just got a treaty.

Well, at the moment it could be either or really. I was just curious how the dark mechanicus painted their vehicles, if they had some sort of colour scheme in general or if it's just red...

lol.

I ended up painting my Heretek with red armour and grey robes - but that's partly because I plan to field her as a loyalist Tech Magos in pre-heresy games, so she needed a colour scheme that fit both concepts (the grey robes tie her in with the rest of my Tzeentch cult).

darker red msn-wink.gif

Yeah, I'm thinking about both dark red and blue. Though since I only got two hereteks in my TS army I would like my forgefiends to have a clear connection to them, so I'm leaning towards the dark red...

If you wait a few years I'm sure Forge World will detail it in an upcoming Horus Heresy book.

this fall actually, HH2 will feature DarkMech.

I was going for what colour the T-Sons painted theirs, I'm not convinced that there aren't Rubric pilots, and even if there aren't there's still demonic possession and other means of control other than allies.

Archived