Fists of Guilliman - UM Successor Chapter WIP

ZouaveCapt

Hello, its been a while since I've been active on here, but I've been finally making progress on a long-unpainted army that I'm working on getting to tabletop standards.  I play a lot of Apoc with friends, so I've accumulated a bit of an army (and thus why its gone unpainted for so long...)  My army is a standard Codex Chapter, The Fists of Guilliman.  I will be posting pictures for comments and suggestions as I move forward.  Currently, the following is in progress:

Armoury:

2 - Techmarines

5 - Servitors

1 - Predator Annihilator

2 - Vindicators

2 - Whirlwinds

3 - Land Raiders

1 - Thunderhawk Guship (Paper done, converting to plasticard & other materials)
2 - Thunderhawk Transports (In development from the Gunship Model)

3 - Caestus Assault Ram (Paper done, converting to plasticard & foamboard)

1st Company:

2 - 10x Terminator Squads (Base coat red/blue)

1 - 5x Sternguard Veterans (-)

1 - 5x Vanguard Veterans (Assembled & Primed)

2 - Venerable Dreadnoughts (Bodies partially painted, arms undetermined & unpainted)

1 - 5x Terminator Titanhammer Squad (WIP)

2nd Company:
Captain (Fully painted, needs insignia, heraldry and final base)

Command Squad (Bodies painted, need insignia & final weapon loadout selected)

Land Raider (Primed)

6 - 10x Tactical Squads (Base coat red/blue)

1 - 10x Assault Squad (Base coat & highlighting done, detail work only & final basing)

1 - 10x Assault Squad (Ultramarines color right now, need to be stripped & repainted)

2 - 10x Devastator Squad (Primed)

3  - Dreadnoughts (Various stages)

3rd Company:

Captain (Primed)

1 - 10x Bike Squad (8+ attack bike, painted base coats & some detail work)

3 - 10x Tactical Squads (Base coat red/blue)

10th Company:

1 - Master of the Recruits

2 - 10x Scouts with sniper rifles (Assembled)

1 - 6x Scout Bikes (primed)

1 - Land Speeder Storm w/ 5 assaulting scouts (primed)

1 - 10x Scouts (Unassembled, loadout tbd)

Misc:

Kayvaan Shrike (Primed)

Chapter Masters (Primed)

3 - Land Speeders

4 - Drop Pods (2 fully painted, needing insignia, 2 getting base coated)

I think that's everything!  Like I said, will be posting pictures over the next few days for feedback and thoughts.

Thanks!

Getting things sorted out and under-way for today....
Here is my army, with the notable exception of 6 squads of Tactical Marines (AoBR) and associated transports (2 drop pods and 4 Rhinos).
The Assault Marines are close to my finished color scheme.  I have a bit of detail work to do (skull in chest piece, belts, etc.) that hasn't been finished just yet.  See comments on the Command Squad for a better run-down of everything wrong with them that will be fixed later.
Comments and critiques welcome!

Full Army, sans Tactical Marines

Assault Squad sans jump packs

Command Squad, V 1.0

Haven't been in a painting mood the last few days, but made a lot of progress on a Paperhammer Thunderhawk.  My final one will not be paper, but will be plasticard & wood, with plastic and resin custom-cast bits.  But for now, this is a great way for me to get all my dimensions set out, and visualize how I'm going to go about putting the beast together.  I did get the rest of my Rhinos primed up, and all my tank treads are now glued in place.  Going to go through and basecoat all my Rhino's this evening, I hope.

• 1 month later...

Picked up a squad of Assault Terminators this weekend, in the process of assembling them.  Got ~30 bolters primed, drybrushed and partially painted (from AoBR Marines) so getting closer to finishing those squads up.

Any suggestions on colors for straps/slings and pouches?  Would like a nice weathered brown look, but not liking the combos I'm playing with just yet.

As a side-note...  AoBR Terminators make pretty decent Assault Terminators if you cut off the arm pins and glue the new arms on.

Now I just need to figure out how to find new Terminator shoulder pads.  :-/

Archived