Planetary Defence Force (PDF)

SevenExxes

What type of PDF would Baal have? Would it be civilian? (Do they even have civilians on Baal?) Imperial Guard detachment on PDF duty? Or would it all just be Blood Angels?

I'm building an Imperial Guard detachment for an upcoming tournament called Alliance [2500 points, allies, one Force Organisation Chart] and was just trying to get some idea of how to build them to compliment the Blood Angels.

Here is the list for the tournament if you are interested:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/271844-2500-tournament-list-blood-angels-and-imperial-guard/

You could also help me on the Blood Angels part of the list if you like.

I think Baal and its moons is exempt from the imperial tythe? as its resources and popykation are so poor. the local populace are poor weak rad dwellers.

maybe a nearby planet supplies PDF? 

I might use tallarn or even goliath gang models?

As far as I know, there is no mention of a PDF on Baal, maybe because of the vast radioactive deserts that make up most of its surface. You know, normal humans and radioactivtiy don't go well together...

I think that the Fortress Monastery is guarded by Blood Angels, but there are human Legion serfs within the keep because Space Marines are valuable resources, bla bla.

The codex mentions a battle where Orks (I think) attack Baal and its two moons, and when the Blood Angels Fleet moves towards Baal Secundus, some enemies make planetfall and assault the Fortress Monatery - that is guarded by all 42 Dreadnoughts of the Chapter, no-one else. From that, we can derive that there are no human military forces on Baal.

Snorri

As far as I know, there is no mention of a PDF on Baal, maybe because of the vast radioactive deserts that make up most of its surface. You know, normal humans and radioactivtiy don't go well together...

I think that the Fortress Monastery is guarded by Blood Angels, but there are human Legion serfs within the keep because Space Marines are valuable resources, bla bla.

The codex mentions a battle where Orks (I think) attack Baal and its two moons, and when the Blood Angels Fleet moves towards Baal Secundus, some enemies make planetfall and assault the Fortress Monatery - that is guarded by all 42 Dreadnoughts of the Chapter, no-one else. From that, we can derive that there are no human military forces on Baal.

Snorri

Yeah, the Battle of Iron, as written on page 14 of the BA Codex under the subheading "The Assault on Baal".

I was thinking that, since there is this "Darkest Hour" on page 17, Dante calls an alliance of Imperial and non-human worlds under a "banner of survival" as the Baal sector is facing the two threats of both Tyranids and Daemons. So a small Imperial Guard Detachment is sent to Baal to help protect it. Sound legit?

Could be done, I think. Maybe it would be more fitting to show that the imperial contingent is indeed from outside of the system, regarding colour scheme and general appearance. :)

Oh, but it's not only against Daemons and Tyranids, some Orks show up for the fight as well. :lol:

Snorri

Discussion on the potential for a PDF on Baal came up a few months back, the musings are here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/260295-blood-angels-planetary-defense-force/?hl=baal+force+blood&do=findComment&comment=3167993

As ever, whatever you think is the coolest.

Maybe a formation of guardsmen came back to Baal with the BA after Armageddon 2

The way I see it, pdf is the perfect excuse to have a part of your army not from Baal. They're defending their planet tooth and nail, and then the blood angel reinforcements show up - Descent of Angels!

Discussion on the potential for a PDF on Baal came up a few months back, the musings are here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/260295-blood-angels-planetary-defense-force/?hl=baal+force+blood&do=findComment&comment=3167993

As ever, whatever you think is the coolest.

Maybe a formation of guardsmen came back to Baal with the BA after Armageddon 2

Why this didn't pop up in the search I did before posting this thread I have no idea. But thanks for posting and thanks to everyone else who replied.

I'll go along with regular IG models. Some distant near-forgotten regiment sent to protect Baal from all sorts of xeno nasties.

Anyway, what do people think of the list?

Good? Bad? Ridiculous?

Ok, sorry for the double post but I've tweaked the list again. If I drop the attack bikes I'll have enough points for 2 Vindicators. What do people think of this idea?

If you think it's a bad idea what do you suggest to put in place for 210 points? Maybe I could drop some more points to fit another Stormraven in?

If I run two Stormravens would it be worth ditching the two Rhinos, adding two priests and then running the Tacticals in the Stormravens with a priest attached to each?

Archived