Deathwing Chaplain / Dreadnought fluff question

marvmoogy

Hi all, 

I'm looking at adding a couple of dreadnoughts to my Deathwing army and I really like the Forgeworld ones!

I like the specific DA one, but thought that the Chaplain dread would really fit in.  

So, if I end up adding him in....should he be painted in the Deathwing bone like everything else, or would he retain the Black armour he would have had when serving as a Chaplain?

Cheers all!

I saw a variation of this discussed before...(was concerning the chappy dread's pod if I remember right). I think the simple answer is...which looks cooler to you? Rule of Cool > all other considerations.

I would honestly say that for a chaplain dreadnought in a deathwing army the majority of the chassis should be black- with some bone detailing in there for a visual tie in.  The fist for example, could be done in a deathwing bone color, and would probably be your best bet.

In my opinion if it's not terminator armour it's not white. There are no white dreadnoughts or land raiders in my Dark Angels and a chaplain dreadnought (which is a cool model and I'd like to get one) would be black.

Cloud Runner asked that the chapter's terminator suits be left white as a mark of respect. Dreadnoughts and land raiders don't come into it.

In my own little world I'm right and it's the recent codexes that are wrong. tongue.png

I think black it shall be.....with a few bone highlights ;-)

Now, which to be armed with which?  I'm getting the DA Venerable and the Chaplain dreads.  I'm getting a PC & DCCW for one and TLLC & ML for the other.  Which would you arm which way and why?

Does that question even really need to be asked?  Chaplains lead from the front and sunder their foes in glorious melee combat, why would that change upon internment in a dreadnought?  Hell, I'd even say you ought to convert the DCCW into a suitably large crozius like hammer to really put the fear into his enemy.  If the cowards run, their folly will be made illuminated in the volcanic fires of his plasma cannon, which burns almost as hot as his seething hate for the enemies of mankind!

I have seen dreads with hammers/swords and spears and though the work on itself has been magnificent, its a tad bit ridiculous to consider it.

Anyway thats my opinion feel free to ignore it.

On the colour go anyway you like it there is nobody that can lecture you on that. Though IMHO that specific model wouldn't look as cool in DW colours

• 6 months later...

Looks good but here are my suggestions.

Rotate the Crozius 90 degrees and tilt the arm a bit more diagonally to mimic the pose of a Chaplain.

Bulk up the handle/haft a bit more. it looks a little bit thin.

Take a pic with the light in front of the model instead of behind it, all we are seeing is a silhouette.

Archived