Doms scout move

BenjamminUK

No, sadly. Two reasons - one, flat out moving is done in the shooting phase, and two the Scout rules were reworded for 6th edition.

Instead of a free move, you can redeploy within 12" (vehicles) or 6" (infantry).

I'm torn on scout/outflank.
I used scout moves to a huge advantage in a game against my buddy's IG army about a month ago. I wanted to test out some dominions, so I had a unit of my chaos guys pretend to be the unit. (cross dressing heretics!) I won the roll to go first, scouted up 12 in my immolator and he failed to steal the initiative. I cruised up another 6 and multimelta'd his biggest tank in half before he could even move.

I feel like outflank would be more beneficial to flamer-toting dominions, tho, come in from behind/beside something, unload, and burninate all the people.

edit: lol typing errors

Generally speaking outflanking is more of a higher risk/reward thing in my experience. You don't know exactly how they'll come in but there's a good chance they can cause some serious mischief in your opponent's rearguard or attacking lines. As such I usually outflank with a unit that can - death or glory and all that tongue.png

Im starting to think it really does just come down to mission, deployment, enemy force, if u have first time to if an using scouts move or outflank,

As much as that support form te flank can make or break a game, if u have first turn u could be in the face of the enermy :-)

Im starting to think it really does just come down to mission, deployment, enemy force ...

To be fair you can pretty much say that about anything, it ranks up there with "depends on the Chapter" for correct answers that fundamentally don't solve anything laugh.png

I like the unpredictability of it; if you put your unit on the table during deployment you know exactly what it can do - but so does your opponent. By outflanking your opponent can't predict where the unit will come in unlike you who has a modicum of control of what the unit does when it arrives. Think of it as part of the reserves you commit to tip the battle in your favour at the decisive moment, even if you can't start popping units the turn you roll on your opponent has to react.

I find it to be a function of how likely you are to be going first.

If your opponenet gets the drop on your scouts the benifit is lost by bringing units of theirs that would be out range into some action early you hasten your own losses. If they get the drop they can neutralise a key unit before their lost and disrupt the opponents play, or they force them away from their strike bubble which may even be better.

I find it's usually stronger to outflank, as this forces them to contend with forces from the flanks and can restrict the table space they have to use.

Archived