Canoness Carmina

derpasaurus

So I was wondering if anyone could find any information on Canoness Carmina of the Order of the Argent Shroud? Other than what I can find on Lexicanum and such that she's the leader of the order, and when they were fighting with the Flesh Tearers during the 3rd Armageddon War, wanted them purged after what she witnessed in their joint sortie, I can't find anything, really. 

I'm mainly curious if there are any descriptions of her and/or her wargear. I'm looking to field a canoness as a potential HQ for people or games who don't want named characters used and would love to be able to try and model one after her. 

I stumped Miko? :O

I found some info on her on the 40k wiki and lexicanum but nothing beyond her name, really. Apparently her first name is Juliet. 
When the Flesh Tearers did their thing to the orks and then the militia on Armageddon, she decided she didn't want to attack her "former" allies, so she withdrew and then filed to have them all killed by the inquisition. She causes a lot of friction, apparently, but her Order seems to have a history of harassing the Blood Angels and related chapters in particular, lol. The canoness before her raided the Angels Vermillion chapter's holdings several times and tried to have them destroyed, as well, IIRC

I wonder if she may be described in some way in any of the Armageddon books or an earlier codex, perhaps? I have an old copy of the witch hunter's codex around here somewhere... never seen a 2nd ed sisters dex, tho, wonder what gems that one has in it?

She's not mentioned in the 2e codex. She was probably created for Codex: Armageddon. I'll see if I can find a copy and read up on her. ^^; I feel like I've let the side down now.

http://games-workshop.com/w40k/ia/w40k_ia_ft.html this site has what looks to be the original source for Carmina's comments on the Flesh Tearers.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/244801.page?userfilterid=827 - this suggests that the letter was on the Third War for Armageddon campaign website, which no longer exists.

Sadly, it seems that even Google doesn't have an archive of this website as all links have been edited to redirect to the GW homepage.

A year or so ago I found myself at an archived mirror of the third war site. Don't recall where any more, might have been the way back machine or some such, but I doubt it's truely lost. I also suspect that it doesn't say all that much either, the site was full of floating plot hooks from what I recall.

I struggle with the motivation though, looking for a character name to use when folk don't want 'named' (Special) crutches on the table. Why not just coin your own name and be done with it? Not that I'm one to really talk, having extrapolated an Eldar host from a business card sided blurb about a paint scheme in the codex. It's in the same vein as the Ork Horde being expressly modelled as blood axes so I can justify aligning them with my imperial forces should I ever desire to do so.

I've privately named most of my characters, though I seldom proclaim this to my opponents. Most of my names are some mixture of puns or private in jokes to myself, though I supose that reflects the early history of the game rather well. The game plays the same for them whither the face down Eddie's Marine Captain with the Jump Pack, or Capt. Jack of the Storm Angles, Master of the Fleet. The good captain is almost invariably accompanied on the field by his faithful companion 'Sault Sergeant Samuals and his trusty powerfist for added alliterative appeal.

She's not mentioned in the 2e codex. She was probably created for Codex: Armageddon. I'll see if I can find a copy and read up on her. ^^; I feel like I've let the side down now.

wasnt she also mentioned in the post armagedon thingy that was in white dwarf, I think they had one for each faction . And there was this one about orks fleeing[orrible fluff] from FTs , which was rarly if ever seen before and the FT gaing after refugees and the imperial forces where she was mentioned call for an excomunitcatus and refuse to fight along the FT in the future .

That was all mentioned in the 'letter' I linked to above, but there was written somewhere that there were five 'companies' of Argent Shroud in the desert, and it's not in that letter.

Well I'll look around a bit more myself, and welcome any more information you guys can come up with. Thanks for the help so far.

As for the motivation, I just wanted a more unique model, more than anything. I wasn't planning on going bananas with house rules or whatever, just things like what she looked like physically, if her armor was any different a design or had any unique features, if she favored a particular type of weapon, and if it would even be possible for me to try and model. I'm slowly getting braver with my painting/modeling and basically just looking for excuses to try and play with Green Stuff.

Plus I just think it would be cool. There's no model for the head of a major order based on Holy Terra, I'd like to try my hand at making one.

Worse comes to worst, I'll just make a design up in my head, I suppose.

Well, there's never been a model for her, but until Celestine both Sister of Battle heroine special characters were armed with maces (Saint Praxedes' Scepter of Vengeance and Helena the Virtuous' Rod of Grace), and the original Canoness with power weapon and combi-weapon had a mace and a melta.

Well, there's never been a model for her, but until Celestine both Sister of Battle heroine special characters were armed with maces (Saint Praxedes' Scepter of Vengeance and Helena the Virtuous' Rod of Grace), and the original Canoness with power weapon and combi-weapon had a mace and a melta.

I think that's more of an apeing of the quasi-historical notion that priests were forbidden to spill blood, so priests attached to military units carried maces 'cause shattering bones didn't deliberately spill blood. It's in the same vein as their powerswords resembling the cruxiform rather than being of a curved style. The form of the weapon was and is a symbol as much as its possession.

Heat based attacks are pseudo symbolic of their clensing flames of their holy mission.

I predict the next book's flyer will drop promethium bombs that'll be modeled in the rules with a projected flamer template.

Yeah back before I realized the ladies had no place in cc (at least outside of repentia in my meta) I had considered giving my superiors maces for the extra strength.. but once I playtested a few times and got crushed by everything I figured I'd just spend the 15 points on a plasma pistol and vaporize them at range instead. I had thought if I were to build an IC I would do some combat tooling, and thus a mace for sure, combi flamer was my first thought, actually. 

That was all mentioned in the 'letter' I linked to above, but there was written somewhere that there were five 'companies' of Argent Shroud in the desert, and it's not in that letter.

I remember that the WD had each location listed with the forced deployed there . number of companies , titan legions etc. Number of covents were there too , am sure of it . they even had little maps of the cities/places where the battles where thought over with short stories and stuff[like one about marines blowing up gargants by driving attack bikes full of melta bombs inside their bellies etc] .

Yeah. Who knows, I think I had a subscription around that time... I might still have that issue at my parent's house. I'm visiting them next week, so I'll try and remember to take a look!

ah, about the disposition of forces in the third war for armageddon in general, there is some in the codex: Armageddon.

Under the heading of 'adepta sororitas', there is to be found:

Order of our Martyred Lady: Equivalent of 3 Companies

Order of the Argent Shroud: Equivalent of 7 Companies

Archived