Dedicated transport question

[TA]Typher

To elaborate. a unit of marines can elect to combat squad while they are deployed inside the transport. once one (or both) get out, they cannot enter the same vehicle again. a squad deploying from a drop pod does not split into combat squad untill they are about to disembark from it.

To elaborate. a unit of marines can elect to combat squad while they are deployed inside the transport. once one (or both) get out, they cannot enter the same vehicle again. a squad deploying from a drop pod does not split into combat squad untill they are about to disembark from it.

There is no such restriction, that I am aware of "

"You must decide which units are splitting into combat squads, and which models go into each combat squad, immediately before deployment. A unit split into combat squads therefore is now two separate units for all game purposes including calculating the total number of units in the army, and the number of units you can place in reserve. Then proceed with deployment as normal. Note that two combat squads split from the same unit can embark in the same transport vehicle, providing its transport capacity allows.", C:SM FAQ

The underlined section allows the two combat squads to embark onto the same transport.

well not at the same time .

Any two units can embark in a transport "not at the same time"... What's your point?

well you posted it , but I will still point it out to buff my manly and huge post count.

Note that two combat squads split from the same unit can embark in the same transport vehicle, providing its transport capacity allows.",

says unit not units , ergo two cant re embark the transport.

Any two units can embark in a transport "not at the same time"... What's your point?

well you posted it , but I will still point it out to buff my manly and huge post count.

Note that two combat squads split from the same unit can embark in the same transport vehicle, providing its transport capacity allows.",

I'm guessing it's time to upgrade your Russian/English translation software, because you appear to be saying the sentence doesn't say exactly what it says in plain english...

By unit, it means singular parent unit. In this instance, there is no restriction, just a miscomprehension of the written rules. The units (as in the two combat squads), have already been addressed through the use of "combat squads". Unit refers to the parent unit. 

Archived