Max number of LR's possible

Hey all, I'm having a hard time finding the answer to this question.. What is the maximum number of Land Raiders the Space Wolves can take in their army list under standard mission FOC? I was thinking an LR spam would be fun to do one day (one day in the far future as it'll take some time to save up for 4 LR's) and I want to see how many I could fit in.

I'm away from my codex for a few few days, but if you took Logan Wing with WG taking LR as their dedicated transports, could you not pretty much spam yourself into next week?

No, because the entry for WG being permitted to take a dedicated land raider does not mention whether they're elites or troops. Just one pack, end of story. So with that and ignoring alliances and additional FOC, skeletoro is right, with 4.

I dunno, I think the WG entry is a little ambiguous as it does say "may only take one" ...if you all can understand what I am getting at. Not trying to spark a heated debate... but ya. 

I am still newish to warhammer... how can one do a 2nd FOC under standard missions and why is that a can of worms not to be opened? 

The Wolf Guard are allowed to take one Land Raider of any flavor as a dedicated transport which means that only the Wolf Guard PACK can start the game in that particular Raider.  

The other 3 can start with what ever spam you wanna throw in them.  But at 1000 points in 4 vehicles you aren't going to have alot of room for mistakes..... then again tis hard to argue with 4 mobile bunkers with twin linked Lascannons, heavy bolters, assault cannons or lots and lots of FIRE!!!

Ya.. true.. it sounds like FUN huh? The only reason I'm being so picky is because of how Logan Grimnar changes the Space Wolves since he causes WG to count as troops or be taken as troops. If ONLY ONE Land Raider is allowed as a dedicated transport that means the only other option if you want to get those slow guys across the board with out getting shot up is Drop Pods. Rhinos cannot be taken and razorbacks cannot be taken.. The entry states the one wolf guard can take a dedicated land raider transports.. but that is under the elite section. It is my belief (and that believe is conjecture) that as elites they can take one.. and probably only one.. but as troops.. it should change. Now my opinion and the rules differ and the rules are the only authoritative say on the matter so that's fine. However like I said it does not say ONLY ONE... like other entries in the codex do. Saga of the hunter can be taken by a WGBL or a Wolf Priest but it states Infantry ONLY so it does not work out to give you outflanking bikes or TWC. My defense for my ambiguous claim.. I rest my case (flame suit on!)

Coming from the guy who reads the codex and read it saying 'only' huh.. interesting discovery there Magellan

If you were doing more reading and less inferring you would notice I did outline what the book says and gave my response which I very clearly stated my opinion and how it is only an opinion and not authoritative like say a rule is. I still feel it is undefined.. and ambiguous. Telling me to read what I have already quoted and showed I have an understanding of... isn't contributing anything of worth to the thread.. issues?

One Wolf Guard pack does not mean More Than One, does not mean Two, does not mean Elites, or Troops. One pack of Wolf Guard. You're allowed 3 packs of Wolf Guard, of which you can leave as elites, or convert to troops with Logan. That still does not negate the fact that it still says a limit of ONE.

Careful or this thread will probably get locked by the mods.

Arguing about it won't change the fact that ONE Wolf Guard pack can take a LR. You could have nine packs but still only buy a LR for one pack.

Question has been answered as 4 for one standard FOC with no allies which is correct and won't change by reading the codex again. Even if you squint.

Archived