Land Raiders and Wolf Guard and Grey Hunters

Millionsedge

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to 40k with only having played for the last 6 months.  Space Wolves were an easy choice as I am a former Marine.  I'm still building up my Space Wolves army and have run into a few questions that I could not locate the answers to on my own.  I think I have stumped my local shop keepers and local Games Workshop store as well.  So here goes...

I am building an army that's using a 5 man Wolf Guard unit with the intentions of splitting them up with Grey Hunter / Long Fang packs.  I am aware the Wolf Guards become Grey Hunters or Long Fangs when they attach (for all intents and purposes).  It's my goal is to purchase a Land Raider with the Wolf Guard pack so it doesnt take up a heavy support slot.

Question 1:  Can one of the Wolf Guard take the Land Raider with him to a Grey Hunter pack?

- (My thought is it can be bought but it would be a floater and loaded turn one like if I bought the Land Raider as a heavy support choice.)

Question 2:  Is that Land Raider part of the Grey Hunter pack (since the Wolf Guard is part of it) or it's own kill point since the unit it was bought for has been dissolved?

- (My thoughts are it would yield a kill point if destroyed even if embarked by a Wolf Guard that brought it.)

Question 3:  SInce the Wolf Guard unit is dissolved, does the Land Raider defalt into a heavy support choice?

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to 40k with only having played for the last 6 months.  Space Wolves were an easy choice as I am a former Marine.  I'm still building up my Space Wolves army and have run into a few questions that I could not locate the answers to on my own.  I think I have stumped my local shop keepers and local Games Workshop store as well.  So here goes...

I am building an army that's using a 5 man Wolf Guard unit with the intentions of splitting them up with Grey Hunter / Long Fang packs.  I am aware the Wolf Guards become Grey Hunters or Long Fangs when they attach (for all intents and purposes).  It's my goal is to purchase a Land Raider with the Wolf Guard pack so it doesnt take up a heavy support slot.

Question 1:  Can one of the Wolf Guard take the Land Raider with him to a Grey Hunter pack?

- (My thought is it can be bought but it would be a floater and loaded turn one like if I bought the Land Raider as a heavy support choice.)

Question 2:  Is that Land Raider part of the Grey Hunter pack (since the Wolf Guard is part of it) or it's own kill point since the unit it was bought for has been dissolved?

- (My thoughts are it would yield a kill point if destroyed even if embarked by a Wolf Guard that brought it.)

Question 3:  SInce the Wolf Guard unit is dissolved, does the Land Raider defalt into a heavy support choice?

Question 1:  It becomes a floater in that scenario.  They could load up first turn, but cannot start deployed in it.

Question 2:  It is its own kill point.  Kind of like if you had 3 WG, but only two were attached to packs.  That last WG is a kill point all his own, just like the LR.

Question 3:  No, it was purchased as part of the Elite FOC and will remain so, albeit in the whole floating DT role.

Archived