Triple Maulerfiends

L30n1d4s

I have not tried this, but I am very interested in the synergy using three Maulerfiends, Winged Prince, and an allied Greater Daemon (probably a Bloodthirster) to get in the enemy's face turn 1, setting up a turn 2 assault and presenting a multitiude of high threat targets to the enemy.

Backed up by cheap scoring units (Cultists blobs + allied Plaguebearers) and some fire support (Heldrakes and Nurgle Soulgrinder), I think this could be a fun and competitive list to play.

Anyone have any experience using something like this?

IMO (without actually using one) Maulerfiends seem to be a unit that too alot of flak when we first cast our eyes on their rules half a year ago, But they have climbed the ladder ever since

The problem with such a set up right not is that it is more effcient to run demons and get the same type of army only with better synergy and rules[flyer > walker].

But maulerfiends are a meager 125pts,,,

DP's are going to be 220pts before rewards, so around 260pts.

Also 3xDPs + 2xgreater daemons is around 1300pts already - unfeasably high for 1500pts

I've actually started to consider using a single Maulerfiend with lashers as an interceptor unit. Catch those annoying bikers or wraiths in combat and tying them up before they hit anything more important.  

Could try a list like this:

Juggerlord 175
5 Spawn 150
5 Spawn; MoN 180
5 Spawn; MoN 180
10 CSM; AC + Plasma 165
10 CSM; AC + Plasma 165
10 CSM; AC + Plasma 165
10 CSM; AC + Plasma 165
Maulerfiend; tendrils 135

It's one I'd like to try out if I ever got all the models. Zhukov helped me with it, I think it'd be alot of fun.

yeah . big problem with that list is that it just cant deal with any form of flyers and is very depanded on the maulers surviving turn 1-2. Not saying it aint possible[the spawn and lord are there to help with that] , but when they dont the list falls over . good against pure IG , but horrible against meq swarms [too few attacks on maulers and SW can beat 5 spawns through combination of shoting and melee].

IMO (without actually using one) Maulerfiends seem to be a unit that too alot of flak when we first cast our eyes on their rules half a year ago, But they have climbed the ladder ever since

The problem with such a set up right not is that it is more effcient to run demons and get the same type of army only with better synergy and rules[flyer > walker].

Also 3xDPs + 2xgreater daemons is around 1300pts already - unfeasably high for 1500pts

Short comment: in the chaos forum on B&C, you will find that every single unit in the dex gets/got a lot of flakk. Very often, it will (would) not matter if the unit in question is actually decent in some/many lists, some will still aim their flakk artillery and press the button regardless. Rationality doesn`t always come into the equation.

I note with a certain ammount of amusement that the Heldragon is now "the unit". When it came out (true, before faq, but even without 360degrees radius, it was still a good flier, though since it was not OP Vendetta it sucked according to the many geniouses on this sub forum), it was "Da :cuss" while extremly good equipment like the Bruning Brand was called merely "decent" by certain loud people.

Anyways, in latter years the Chaos Sub forums on B&C very much personifies internet whine (previously, Warseer used to be the site for 40K whine, though this forum has indeed deteriorated to become pretty much like that place in latter years sadly), and just like the day turns to night, you can also trust this forum to stay solidly negative until proven most definitly to be wrong by hard empircal evidence. Only then, for a short time, will the complaints stop and you will see words like "decent", "okay-ish" and "not as bad as I originally though/predictedt" and so forth and so on...

I note with a certain ammount of amusement that the Heldragon is now

"the unit". When it came out (true, before faq, but even without

360degrees radius, it was still a good flier, though since it was not OP

Vendetta it sucked according to the many geniouses on this sub forum),

it was "Da :cuss" while extremly good equipment like the Bruning Brand

was called merely "decent" by certain loud people.

you could at least use my name . I havent changed my view on the drake . The fact that it is one of the best chaos unit doesnt make it a 3ed eldar star cannon or a GK 5th fortitude rifleman . It is high cost and very random in use [+3match ups , pre faq flaming and vectoring was a problem , they still have to play 2vs3-4+ in loyalist armies and when tau come out will have to deal with shield drones tanking the flamer wounds , they had problems with that already playing against SW armies using termi WGs and rune armored HQs].  , unless we take 3 , but then we leave all our anti av13+ in the hands of oblits and again as great as they maybe the weapons rule change was a huge blow to them.

2 things . A playing demons at 1500pts is too random , there is too much that can blow then up before they get in to melee range and FMC while awesome do get grounded . B it is true that it would be hard to put 3 FMC and 2GD in to a 1500pts army but you can easily fit 4 either 1 GD and 3 Princes or 2 GD and 2 princes 1 grinder just by taking bearers as troops . It is no nidzilla , but it aint chaos demons foult they dont have MC in troops.

I didn`t use your name because I actually did not think about you when I wrote this, or at the very least, not you alone.

You might (or maybe you have not) have noticed that I have written at the very least, two posts in the past where I have lauded you as someone very knowledgable and I sincerly respect your knowledge of game mechanics and list building and so forth..

True, you sing the same tune and its tedious and quite limited, but no, Jeske, I did not think about you. There are people infinatly worse than you when it comes to "whine-level" to say the least ;)

Your just damnably repetative with your Guard/Wolves, but I have never questioned your knowledge or abillity to think rational. True, I think your at times exceptionally narrowminded, but thats something entirely different.

As for "naming" in general, I don`t feel comfortable writing a "list" of the worst "whiners". You would hardly, hardly top that list though, which I can tell you since you actually asked.

As far as the negativity level, much of it stems from being stuck with a less than optimal codex for a long time. When word hit that ours would be redone, people assumed that it would be of a similar power level to the other main armies at the time (IG, Necron, Wolves, Knights) and so when it didn't reach that level, there was and is a great deal of disappointment.

Archived