belial model question

trooperbill

im starting out and am buying a deathwing army piecemeal from ebay

im a bit fickle i know but can the arms of the belial figure be repositioned as it looks really bad?

or is it like the terminators i just bought which have fixed arm positions (also bad) so im going to have to cut the stalks and glue em in at a better position

thanks

Perhaps using the word "lame" instead of what you wrote would be viewed a little better on the forums.

And they are fixed. If you'd like to see an album with the Belial sprues one can be found here

Better still build a better Belial from the new Terminator Squad smile.png

I agree with Arkley, buy an extra DW box and use it to make additional characters. There is certainly bits in there to have all versions of Belial (magnets are your friend!) and you can use the other bodies as a basis for a Chaplain or Libby in TDA. And of course, it doesn't hurt to have extra bodies and additional heavy weapons.

Then sell all the bits you absolutely will not need on ebay to recoup some of that money. wink.png

Then sell all the bits you absolutely will not need on ebay to recoup some of that money. wink.png

Whoa there. Get rid of my precious bits?!?!?! You sir are a madman!

You're right, forget I said that. whistling.gif

Obviously what I meant was... yo dawg, I heard you like bits, so I put bits with your bits so you can build models while building models.

I cast another vote for building your own Belial from scratch. As an added benefit, it won't be made out of finecast! I made my own Belial, and although his ornamentation isn't the same as the traditional model/artwork, I had a lot of fun choosing what bling to put on him from all the different Dark Angels sprues I had (deathwing, ravenwing, vet upgrade).

I'm the one who chose to convert the Belial model :P

It's very easy to do. The arms are totally repositionnable. BUT the right arm should remain with the SB up due to the feathers who would not be in a natural position otherwise.

Note that I have also modified the position of the left foot.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Dark%20angels/221E154A-EC81-4D46-9AD7-31766D139669-1783-000001B7CC90C725.jpg

That's really subtle and awesome work brother! Me personally, I'm sticking with the idea of converting my own as I hate the tombstone banner thingy (I honestly hate all backpack banners)

This banner is separate hence you don't need to glue it if you don't want to.

I'm personnally in a mood of re-bannerizing my squads as now we have nice plastic ones (rather than the old paper v2 banners). I really do appreciate the oldskool look of models with banners.

I agree with the below.

I'm in the process of making my own Belial as I too think the GW mini is lame.

Having said that, I do really like the banner-box-thingy but i think it would make my version too 'busy'.

At the rate I'm getting through stuff at the moment, I should be able to get some pics up by Christmas! :(

Better still build a better Belial from the new Terminator Squad smile.png

I agree with Arkley, buy an extra DW box and use it to make additional characters. There is certainly bits in there to have all versions of Belial (magnets are your friend!) and you can use the other bodies as a basis for a Chaplain or Libby in TDA. And of course, it doesn't hurt to have extra bodies and additional heavy weapons.

Master Avoghai, on 29 Mar 2013 - 17:10, said:

I'm the one who chose to convert the Belial model tongue.png

It's very easy to do. The arms are totally repositionnable. BUT the right arm should remain with the SB up due to the feathers who would not be in a natural position otherwise.

Note that I have also modified the position of the left foot.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Dark%20angels/221E154A-EC81-4D46-9AD7-31766D139669-1783-000001B7CC90C725.jpg

I think a how to is in order here brother. The arms I can understand but the leg? You hacked it away and replaced it? Please do share.

He honestly looks like he was supposed to now. Standing and surveing the battlefield, lifring his bolter after emptying the magazine:

DEATHWING! FORWARD!!!!!!!!

Thats something I can relate, not the: 'Eh, a deamon prince...I pissed my pants, I surender, here I leave those down reaaaaalllyyy slowly, see?', pose.

AngelVeto, on 29 Mar 2013 - 17:46, said:

That's really subtle and awesome work brother! Me personally, I'm sticking with the idea of converting my own as I hate the tombstone banner thingy (I honestly hate all backpack banners)

I am of mixed minds in regards to banners. At other models I like them, at others I hate them. I am so used to special characters having them by now that was taken aback when asmodais new model came out without one.

Make your own!  The DWCS kit has a set (intended for the knights) of shoulder pads that have his personal heraldry (thanks, GW...I dunno if you recycled that out of laziness, or for our benefit, but I'm thrilled!), and the sergeant bits make a really great belial:

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff471/headhuntersix/DA%20Pics/belsfront.jpg

Mother of God!!!!!!!! I can buy a house if I sell all of your stuff Master Avoghai!

EDIT: And now I remember....I have even taken notes from your how to make the banner. But for some reason I got mind wiped....Must have crossed some inner circle thresshold or something....

Archived