Disembarking from Nightscythes

Seahawk

How exactly do units disembark from the Nightscythe? It's a Flyer that cannot Hover, so technically nothing can disembark from it, ever. (BRB p.80). To the best of my viewing, the FAQ doesn't address it, and neither does the codex.

Am I missing some rule that allows transported units to jump out or something?

Units can disembark from the base regardless of whether it moved or not. They deploy out of an access point that is essentially 1" away from the base in all directions. If it moves a certain distance they only fire snap shots.

The ship essentially has a portal that it uses to beam them down.

It's rather annoying.

For ease of reference:

Page 51 – Night Scythes.
Add the following special rule:
“Invasion Beams: A unit that begins its Movement phase embarked upon a Night Scythe can disembark before or after the vehicle has moved (including pivoting on the spot, etc) so long as the vehicle has not moved more than 36". If the Night Scythe moves more than 24" in the same turn, the disembarking unit can only fire Snap Shots.”

Page 3 I believe in the Necron FAQ, not page 1.

Kind of broken.

Well they can't hover at all so it's the only way to disembark. They should change it but they probably won't.

Considering hovering exposes the flier to fire and therefore provides a disadvantage, being able to do so without hovering is pretty broken.

• 2 weeks later...

Necron flyers are the best transports in the game! Even if they blow up the squad inside takes no damage, and just comes on from reserve.

Now why can't my StormRaven do that? :p

Archived