Is shield of sanguinius cumulative?

Kaptejn

Pretty straight forward question: 

If i already have a 5+ cover save and use shield of sanguinius, do i get a 3+ or is it flat 5+ cover save? 

Thanks in advance :)

What does the Codex tell you?

Well, wasn't gonna ask here if i thought they codex gave me a straight answer would i? O.o

Don't know how much more straight the Codex needs to be : "The Librarian and any unit within 6" receive a 5+ Cover save until the end of the phase."

Well, wasn't gonna ask here if i thought they codex gave me a straight answer would i? O.o

Don't know how much more straight the Codex needs to be : "The Librarian and any unit within 6" receive a 5+ Cover save until the end of the phase."

Clarity is never a bad thing- people are allowed to come here and double check what others take for granted. If it annoys you thats fine, go read some other thread.

Clarity is never a bad thing- people are allowed to come here and double check what others take for granted. If it annoys you thats fine, go read some other thread.
At what point did I state that the question annoyed me?

Your response was some what condescending

On a side note if its night fighting Shield will stack with stealth or shrouded to give you a 3+ or 4+ cover save

Your response was some what condescending

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

I find it more condescending to assume the OP can't figure things out for himself and needs to have his interpretations spoon-fed to him by the faceless mass of "internet experts".

You can show the process instead of making flippant remarks. If the OP is asking the question its pretty safe to assume theyve looked at their book and want to confirm what they think or are looking for guidance.

Or god forbid they have an unreasonable opponent who wants a third opinion to get them to see a little sense.

You can show the process instead of making flippant remarks. If the OP is asking the question its pretty safe to assume theyve looked at their book and want to confirm what they think or are looking for guidance.

The problem being, the OP admitted to not bothering to read his Codex after I asked him (no flippant comment there, just a question) what it said. So clearly not a "safe assumption". I especially enjoy how you're then defending his flippant response to my question by accusing me of being "annoyed" be the exchange (when you have no basis for assuming such an emotional state on my part).

Or god forbid they have an unreasonable opponent who wants a third opinion to get them to see a little sense.

If he did have such a situation, what are the odds said opponent would accept the logic "a guy on the internet agrees with my interpretation" if he wouldn't accept the clearly worded rule straight from the codex?

Heck the way the post was worded, he could have been rules-fishing.

You know, this whole thread could have gone a different direction if people weren't looking for excuses to feel offended:

OP- Does SoS plus a 5+ cover = 3+ cover? (The original question)

Me- what does the codex say? (My original response question)

-hypothetical éxchange-

OP- it says "blah, blah, blah and unit receives a 5+ cover save", but my opponent argues that it should stack

Me- ask your opponent to show you the rule were it allows cover save stacking.

-or-

OP- it says "blah, blah, blah unit receives a 5+ cover save",but my opponent says it's been changed to Shrouded.

Me- ask your opponent to show you the FAQ.

-or-

OP- it says"blah, blah, blah unit receives a 5+ cover save"...oh.

-or-

OP-

i don't own a codex, and i just want to have someone feed me the rule [[banhammer]]

But, that's no longer here nor there. I'll just circle-file this whole exchange and try to avoid the expectation of dispassionate, critical thinking in the future. (That last bit was sarcasm)

Archived