2x Chaos Lord loadouts

Howdy. 
As the title says, I'd like to look at using two lords. Seeing as both Plague- and Noisemarines are comparatively awesome, my guess is that more than just me have been tempted to make them both scoring. Since I'm a dumbass I also thought that you might have some cool loadouts to share, so throw it in there, wether it's balancing cost-effectiveness and usefulness or just so retardedly awesome that we'll suck up the cost.

I'll be specificly on the lookout for a MoS & MoN combo, but feel free to use this thread to discuss other builds as well.

Standard loadout seems to be put them on a bike and either give them claw and fist or black mace (since neither are Khorne lords).

Sigil is standard.

If you don't want bikers, terminator armor is nice assuming you have access to a land raider.

I got two load outs i could use some advice on. I tried to make them a bit brutal looking in my mind, but yeh here goes:

Chaos Lord
Terminator Armour
Chainfist

Lightning Claw

Or

Chaos lord

Terminator Armour
Black Mace

Melta Bombs

Obviously, both could (or not) take SoC and/or GoM, but it wont make a difference for the weapon load out imo. Which do you think will perform better?

I ran the numbers between black mace and claw & fist combo and I think overall the black mace came out on top, at least for an I5/6 unit. If you start swinging the power fist, you'll want to be more durable than T4 3+/4++ so terminator armor, bikers, MoN and MoTz all help that.

@ op: Most people are using bike squads with lords in them. Slanesh lords ride with banners occasionally since t5 + fnp is hard to kill. If you put a nurgle lord on a bike, it's t6, so that's a serious plus. Nurgle terminators have always been quite resiliant in my book- this is in the event that you don't have the fast attack slot open for 2 bike squads. For the Slanesh lord you'll want to do what you can to take advantage of the init boost you get, so the black mace, power sword, or lightning claw are probably best options. For a nurgle lord, you should have the durability to use more devistating weapons, like a fist.

To both questions: Remember that when you use terminator armor you can't make a sweeping advance. If you plan to use your lord as a power mele character in TDA, keep this unfortunate rule in mind.

I've been trying to figure out an effective way to run one of the above (as my first choice of CL is a juggerlord with AoBF) without using bikes and it's been difficult to come up with something. Could take a Nurgle lord with termi armor + claw/fist and sit him in a PM squad but that seems a bit wasteful. Similarly, could take a Slaanesh lord with brand/LC and sit him in a squad but still without bikers it seems wasteful.

I've run a slaanesh lord on a bike with the banner of fnp with great success.  It makes him really hard to kill (or maybe it is just my luck with fnp).  He took down a bloodthirster last week on his lonesome (okay, the two rerolls from the 10 bikers standing by helped a bit).

It depends, if I need the lords just to unlock the cult troops than I would field them cheap and cheerful with a basic Mark, the Aura of Dark Glory and perhaps a combiweapon. In such a way a Nurgle Lord can leg it over the board with his Plague Marines in a Rhino and a Slaaneshi lord can be used as a cheap buff to make a cultist unit Fearless and thus use it as a tarpit unit when the adversary charges your gunline. In such way you don't worry if your Lords die and at the same time you keep them behind your troops to prevent the General VP. 

On the other side if you want killers than Terminator Armor, Chainfist and Lightning Claw for your Nurgle Lord; Jump Pack, Lightning Claw and Brand for your Slaanesh lord. The first goes in with his terminator bodyguard the second flies around and uses that flamer of his. 

for 2 lords, i'd do this:

Lord, MoS, Sigil, Black Mace, Steed - in a slaaneshi banner unit, be they bikes or other

Lord, MoN, Sigil, LC/PF, Burning Brand, Bike - in a nurgle biker unit.

Fill with MSU PM and NM squads as desired.

Something like this for 1850, though I don't know where to find 10 points from...

HQ - 365
Chaos Lord (195)
Burning Brand of Skalathrax; lightning claw; power fist; sigil of corruption; Chaos bike; Mark of Nurgle.

Chaos Lord (170)
Steed of Slaanesh; The Black Mace; sigil of corruption; Mark of Slaanesh.

Troops - 654
5 Plague Marines (202)
2× plasma gun.

• Chaos Rhino: dozer blade; Havoc launcher.

5 Plague Marines (202)
2× plasma gun.

• Chaos Rhino: dozer blade; Havoc launcher.

5 Noise Marines (125)
blastmaster.

5 Noise Marines (125)
blastmaster.

Fast Attack - 689
8 Chaos Bikers (261)
Chaos Biker Champion (melta bombs); icon of excess; lightning claw; 2× meltagun; Mark of Slaanesh.

8 Chaos Bikers (258)
Chaos Biker Champion (melta bombs); lightning claw; 2× meltagun; Mark of Nurgle.

Heldrake (170)

Heavy Support - 152
1 Obliterator (76)
Mark of Nurgle.

1 Obliterator (76)
Mark of Nurgle.

Or you can take one of them with nothing but the mark, and sit them next to an icarus lascannon in a group of cultists behind an aegis, BS5 interceptor lascannon? don't mind if I do...

Archived