2500 Death Guard Legiones Astartes

Sevatar

I play Death Guard, so what do you guys think of this list:

2500 Death Guard Legiones Astartes 

HQ

Captain Karius Ruphillian
Legion Praetor with Artificer Armour, Iron Halo, Bolt Pistol and a Master Crafted Paragon Blade

ELITES

Veteran Squad Alpha
9 Man Veteran Squad with a Power Fist, Melta-gun, Rhino and Furious Charge - Go with Captain

Terminator Squad Beta
5 Man Terminator Squad with 5 Power Fists and Cataphractii Terminator armour.

Venerable Brother Vrok
Dreadnought with Flamestorm Cannon, and in-built Heavy Flamer. - Clears out terrain with his re-roll flamers

The Three Amigos
3 Apothecaries with Artificer Armour. - They go with the 19 Man Tactical Squads

Troops

Tactical Squad Charlie
19 Man Tactical Squad with Bolters, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons. Sergeant Charlie has a Power Fist

Tactical Squad Delta
19 Man Tactical Squad with Bolters. Sergeant Delta has Artificer Armour

Tactical Squad Echo
19 Man Tactical Squad with Close Combat Weapons and Bolt Pistols. 

Tactical Squad Foxtrot
10 Man Tactical Squad with Bolters. Sergeant Foxtrot has a Power Axe

Fast Attack

Outrider Squad Golf
5 Man Bike Squad with Twin-Linked Bolters

Heavy Support

The Indomitable Retribution
Land Raider Proteus with a Twin Linked Heavy Bolter - Terminators go inside

The Blade of Death
Predator with Predator Cannon, a pintle mounted Heavy Bolter and Heavy Bolter sponsons

The Unrelenting Shadow
Space Marine Basilisk

TACTICS
They are brutally simple. The Tactical Squads advance towards the enemy, cover and the Apothecaries minimizing casualties. The Basilisk will hide in cover on the edge of the board and blow things up, while (hopefully) being safe from enemy reply. The Predator will shower infantry or light vehicles with shots and hopefully slaughter them with 3 Heavy Bolters and a Predator Cannon. The Predator and Tactical Squad Foxtrot will guard the deployment zone while the Tactical Squads, Veteran Squad Alpha and Terminator Squad Beta advance towards the enemy on foot or safe in transports. Outrider Squad Golf will mop up stragglers or small units such as Heavy Support Squads, for example. The Dreadnought will stride in to cover, and then sweep enemy troops out of it. The high strength will also come in handy with tanks.

My only slight concern is that I do not have enough people. I dunno... I just feel I should have more in 2500 points.

Thoughts? http://www.warseer.com/forums/warseer/images/smilies/smile.png

Ye gods man.....the cost of all that resin coke is crazy :O

Just my two cents but trade out the basilisk with a predator plasma destroyer and switch your other predator to carry it too. Much more mobile and can keep up with your advance instead of friendly firing on your guys when they get closer. If you really want you can put them in front of your tacs to block LoS.

I would take out the bikes and possibly replace them with land speeder squads with multi meltas as the list lacks a lot of AT. If you are facing another legion list, they might bring two Spartans or a squad of Land Raiders, or hell, even a talon of contemptors if you're crazy like me.

One land raider will get blasted to oblivion and be the focus of your foe's AT, which will leave the termies (your only other real AT threat) open to getting bolter stormed. I would suggest the extra predator executioners to disperse the threat level of your armor.

My question is why do you have a proteus instead of a Phobos pattern? You can't assault out of it. The same with your rhino mounted veteran squad. Let the termies walk behind the raider or screening your tacs and dread.

Put the vets in a Phobos. And get rid of one tac squad and upgrade your termies to a full squad of ten. What's scarier than 10 *scoring* termies walking towards you? Nothing

personally i think the bike squad is one of the best AT hunters in the game, however they NEED melta guns... right now they seem kind of.. bland, adding some meltas would definately help with the AT side of this list.

Also id recommend moving the power axe or fist over to the one CC tactical squad as id imagine they'd need it a lot more than a shooting squad,  and drop the other (personally i reckon the points on an upgraded sgt with weapons etc could be spent better elsewhere.)

furthermore id drop delta's artificer armour, and consider moving it to another sgt with a power weapon/fist (your giving a sgt a 2+ when hes got no wargear warranting the need for it)

I agree with DepthCharge about changing LR's.
Also have you considered giving the praetor a power scythe? its a hell of a lot cheaper and great for wiping out lots of units, however if the praetors job is to hunt characters nvm (this also applies with tact squads sgts, power scythe ftw)

hope this helps

Archived