4 games, 4 losses to the new Tau Codex

John117

You'd be beating your head off a wall trying to go wysiwyg with cultists these days. The only way to get a champion, flamer, or stubber is a dark vengence set.

"They are armed with a single close combat weapon [...]" I´d say that is fairly clear. Then it continues "-Guns are used strictly for the purpose of clubbing their victims to death" which I would interpret as saying that zombies may be armed with guns model wise, but may only use them as their One close combat weapon. As they are stated as having 1 cc weapon I doubt they take the cultist entry weapons, as this seems to be listed as an exception to cultists.

That was my point as well msn-wink.gif

When they got infected they forgot how to use the weapon and simply use it for the "purpose of clubbing their victims to death"

EDIT:

You'd be beating your head off a wall trying to go wysiwyg with cultists these days. The only way to get a champion, flamer, or stubber is a dark vengence set.

True. You can easily convert your champion, though. Getting official cultists is quite difficult: you have to buy DV sets, which gets quite expensive if you don't need the other models, or you buy the small cultists pack which is not very interesting in my opinion. Since converting (or multiple DV sets, if you bought them) is the best choice I'd say we have to be tollerant with wysiwyg for cultsits.

• 2 months later...

I'm no expert on traitor legions- but can advise as a veteran 40k player.

Meat.  You guys get cheap marines with no upgrades  dirt chaep. Use that to your advantage.  Load up your troops choices-  I'm talking 60-70 marines on the table. 

Fill the rest of your list with chaos classics- obliterators .

Create firefights.   30 or 40 fire warriors don't look so scary when you have 60 marines.  You WILL outshoot him.  Your marines are capable of defeating tau units even without upgrades.

Create a target rich situation for him 

Meat.  You guys get cheap marines with no upgrades  dirt chaep. Use that to your advantage.  Load up your troops choices-  I'm talking 60-70 marines on the table. 

Create firefights.   30 or 40 fire warriors don't look so scary when you have 60 marines.  You WILL outshoot him.  Your marines are capable of defeating tau units even without upgrades.

Unupgraded CSMs are like 2 points cheaper than regular smurfs, without ATSNF. Not really dirt cheap. I'm pretty sure 60 CSM are lot more expensive than 40 fire warriors..

Unupgraded CSMs are like 2 points cheaper than regular smurfs, without ATSNF. Not really dirt cheap. I'm pretty sure 60 CSM are lot more expensive than 40 fire warriors..

Against Tau, ATSKNF isn't going to make a difference.  Generally I've found the lack of ATSKNF to be fairly trivial against most opponents, it really only make a difference when you're facing someone with units that will beat CSM in combat by a significant margin, which isn't all too often.

I've actually had solid results out of my Havocs lately, especially with 4 heavy bolters or autocannons... They chew up fire warriors quite well, as do the typical things like Burning Brand, noise marines, and Helldrakes.

Archived