Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Very well, and I suppose the following merits the same question

That Grey Knights army I bought accidentally has now arrived...

but, how?

Oh you know...

In my youth, I'd bought two Grey Knights when they came out, thinking it'd be a great detachment, something a bit different on the side. Fast forward what feels like eternity, and I realised I hadn't done anything with them bar paint them silvery. I had attempted recently to get some Terminators/Paladins and just ended up with a bunch of Rogue Trader ones, that I've been equally un-inclined to do anything with..

Until I saw a great eBay deal that would basically finish the entirety of the army, Codex and all, and I fell hook, line and sinker :lol:

I started construction work on a FW MkIV Ironclad to help bolster my 8th Assault Company of Imperial Fists! He's been in hibernation going on two years now, but the techpriests have finally gotten around to awakening him. He'll have all the options barring the hunter killer missiles. Magnets will be installed on all four arms ( hurricane bolters, powerfist, chainfist, and seismic hammer) and the guns (meltagun, stormbolter and both heavy flamers).

He has no backstory as of yet, but it will be revealed to me during his construction.

Today I began assembly of my first non infantry model. A helbrute. My heart sank when I looked at the directions and the tiny pieces that are integral to its construction. (: I came to the realization that just stuffing daemons in a partially constructed vehicle has real appeal, rather than painstakingly completing the assembly of one. :) unfortunately, I lack that ability and will have to complete this model the old fashion way. Oh and my thumbs are sore from spilled super glue.

TITH I nearly knocked down one of my shelves with my PA units on it while cleaning my workspace and I went into my FLGS to see what new products they'd gotten in today.  Decided to pick up a Pathfinder Team to paint for my friends birthday next month.

EDIT:  I just opened the box and one of the flying bases is melted.  I guess I'll have to call Support on Thursday.

Edited by Phantomzero17

This morning I painted tiny lenses on my Tactical Vexilla (omg, so tiny). Lunchtime will be bolter painting time.

Edited by Emperors Teeth

Today I played two Maelstrom battles against my 40k mentor, beat him in two turns (despite playing Black Templar) and then had an instant rematch where he barely won 15-14. I can honestly say that I'm now one of the better generals at my store.

Today in the Hobby (well nearly a week ago now.). I have managed to kitbash and fully paint a Khornate Chaos Marine Lord on a Juggernaut as part of my new Khorne expansion to my CSM.

Trying to find the right pair of legs for him to saddle up on was really hard and nearly cost me some precious models but I managed to use 2 possessed CSM legs and some hobby magic to finally get it done. In retrospect I should have made a saddle or some way he was riding on the beast without falling down, Buuuuut i can work on that later.

That's a lot of boxes. Given what I've seen of your collection though, I'm not sure it's enough.

TITH I got the pins cut for my Scorpion legs and started removing mould gates and such. Some of the bits are going for another soak after I finish this bacon sandwich.

Dragonlover

Went into Games Workshop and built three sets of Terminators, with virtually no issues whatsoever, at least so far, need to check none broke in my army case on the way home for whatever reason. Just a few last bits to do with them, and my army will be all built and ready for painting/playing! Haven't been able to say that for years now.

That's a lot of boxes. Given what I've seen of your collection though, I'm not sure it's enough.

TITH I got the pins cut for my Scorpion legs and started removing mould gates and such. Some of the bits are going for another soak after I finish this bacon sandwich.

Dragonlover

I don't think it will be either, but I'm optimistic :lol:

Can't wait for the Scorpion to get a lick of paint.

Today in the hobby, I bought Agrellan Earth (amongst other paints) to try out and (hopefully) use to base my minis in future :smile.:

Continuing my attempt to get 30+ LotD painted before surgery Thursday keeps me from being able to paint for at least a month.

Oh, and bought 3 pairs of magnifier glasses to replace the pair that snapped couple nights ago.

Edited by Carlson793