Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I made a wee bit of progress on my Knight Titan "Serpent's Breath" steed of Uhtred Ragnarsson Black Knight of the House Morhain!

SAM 2437

SAM 2442

SAM 2448

SAM 2449

Edited by dantay_xv

Can't wait for the Scorpion to get a lick of paint.

Not gonna be till May, but yeah. If only because if I'm painting it, I haven't ballsed up the construction. Bloody nervewracking kit to build.

TITH 40K day at work, so I've answered rules queries, ogled new stuff from Forgeworld and got a new starter into the hobby. All in all pretty productive!

Dragonlover

TITH I... 

sanded the surface of the stormraven I have, smoothing out the Mr. Surfacer I had put on it,  started Mr. Surfacer on my landraider prometheus, wrote a list of bits I would need to finish all current model projects that I have, and completed the final mission for the campaign of Dawn of War 1.

All after finishing my wedding registry.

I feel the zeal, it has been a productive day. 

Today in the hobby I officially quit my gaming group and the game aspect of our hobby. It has been a rough day.

What happened?

Aye, what's caused this? Not positive! :sad.:

My health has degraded to the point that I can't stand, sit, or lay without copious amounts of pain flooding my body. It takes an hour to get to the club, a few hours for the game, and then an hour back to my house. The entire time I'm trying not to pop a molar because my body is fighting me the whole game.

I should say this, though, because that was all negative with no positive. That decision to quit the gaming aspect should- no, it will- lead me to improve upon my painting, modeling, and fluff writing. That, and the B&C is a huge positive when it comes to my dwindling self-worth. As I've said in another post, I feel like I'm home. Everyone is growing, albeit at different rates and for differing reasons, and when everything has been stripped from you and all you have left is a group that is there for you (and a rock of a wife), that means a whole hell of a lot.

Cheers

Today in the hobby I officially quit my gaming group and the game aspect of our hobby. It has been a rough day.

What happened?

Aye, what's caused this? Not positive! :sad.:

My health has degraded to the point that I can't stand, sit, or lay without copious amounts of pain flooding my body. It takes an hour to get to the club, a few hours for the game, and then an hour back to my house. The entire time I'm trying not to pop a molar because my body is fighting me the whole game.

I should say this, though, because that was all negative with no positive. That decision to quit the gaming aspect should- no, it will- lead me to improve upon my painting, modeling, and fluff writing. That, and the B&C is a huge positive when it comes to my dwindling self-worth. As I've said in another post, I feel like I'm home. Everyone is growing, albeit at different rates and for differing reasons, and when everything has been stripped from you and all you have left is a group that is there for you (and a rock of a wife), that means a whole hell of a lot.

Cheers

Wow. That's a tough break, bud. I'm glad to hear you're feeling alright about the other aspects of the hobby (and let's be honest, painting, modeling and writing is way more fun than playing).

You're right, man. This place is a lifesaver in many ways. Focus on what you CAN do without as much pain, and you'll find that you're ready to grow in new and interesting ways. There is so much inspiration, support, and creative outlet here to keep anyone growing like the Gardens of Nurgle. And I hope he grants you the boon to Feel No Pain while you're at it. 

Edited by JeffTibbetts

Here's an odd little observation I'm not sure where to put.

This past weekend while out visiting my roommate's family, I saw that the local Sam's club had Makerbot 3D printers in stock.

For those who don't know, Sam's Club is a bulk-buy wholesale(but not really wholesale) store operated by Walmart. It doesn't get any more ready for mass consumption than that! Listed for 1200 buck (800 quid) it included printer, media, scanner and software. I almost bought one so I could print out my own 32mm bases ... what a bargain! :laugh.:

I continued working on this  :censored: land speeder I got off of eBay a while back...have it mostly figured out...except underneath weapon mount...where the :censored:  does this thing go? couldnt find any pics either online...gah. 

oh and its a typhoon model now...pew pew

It just sticks on the bottom roughly in the middle, no dedicated attachment point.

'less the first :censored: is replacing the word 'metal' (which in this case might be justified), in which case I can't help you.

It just sticks on the bottom roughly in the middle, no dedicated attachment point.

'less the first :censored: is replacing the word 'metal' (which in this case might be justified), in which case I can't help you.

no its not metal.. but couldnt find instructions for the mount, didnt even know what pieces it included...I think I figured it out myself though...if not...oh well it looks ok! and magnetized it for good measure.

Thanks!