Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today I determined I am forever cursed to spill every wash pot I buy. I have yet to not do so.

med_gallery_72456_10525_21736.jpg

Well, of course! Since wash is so thin, it's the prime candidate for tipping over. Ever ONCE in your life tipped over a pot of dry paint? How about a texture paint? Liquid Green Stuff? EVER ONCE IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE?

Didn't think so.

Well as usual it was bright, sunny and the air was rather dry at 9 am this morning so I've just been clear coating my Black Templar models.  Didn't pay much mind to the "chance of rain" since there wasn't a single cloud though it was a bit windy as usual (where I live has the largest concentration of wind turbines in the world).

Well about 2:50 I only have 1 drop pod outside as everything else has been moved in and I spray it.  Fast forward 10 minutes and suddenly it's rather grey all of a sudden and it goes from me covering my pod with my body as I move the whole sodding table from the few raindrops coming down to torrential in ~3 minutes.  And now it has cleared up again.  Freakin California weather.

Edit:  Also the post man delivered another drop pod and a Razorback for me.  Now just waiting on some bitz I ordered so I can complete my Sternguard.  I'm considering making a dreadnought of some type my next expansion.

Edited by Phantomzero17

Tith I finally ordered a copy of Imperial Armour Volume Two. And a few other book because they were in a bundle for a discounted price... it did take all my willpower not to toss a contemptor in there too.

You're the second person to use the gif in response to something I said today. The first time was when I was musing over how Recon marines shouldn't have the Support Squad rule if they're Raven Guard since each marine is cross-trained to function in a Recon and Tactical squad.

TITHI successfully(ish) magnetised three of the Brass Scorpions legs! I say ish as I'm pretty sure that due to gammy angles one of the magnets is in fact doing nothing of use, but it's in there.

Dragonlover

Edited by Dragonlover

Today I am staying up way, way too late to work on the last bits of a tournament army.

six truescale marines

1 cycotroke conversion beamer

1 Scratch-built relic sicaran

It's 1:35am, and I think I've drastically cut into my sleep time for tomorrow's tournament. :( 

Wish me luck.

Today in the Hobby, I painted the first member of my new Dark Angels army, a Deathwing Terminator.  His other 4 squadmates are basecoated and washed with Soft Tone, awaiting completion.

I also traded in a bunch of old minis, books and games at my local store and got the Dark Angels expansion box for a mere $20 because of it.