Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Yesterday in the hobby...

I participated in a competitive 1500 point tourney with my Imperial Guard. Suffered two embarrassing losses and one tight win. First loss was against IG with a ton of armor to my infantry heavy force. Second loss was against Raven Wing. That player went on to take the overall championship. I did manage to take down his Knight Titan with a single veterans squad in close combat! Thanks meltabombs! The third battle was against a jetbike heavy eldar force. Managed to eek out a single victory point margin of victory. I got a forge world Davinite Lodge Priest as a consolation prize.

Also, got my forge world order of three despoiler squads, a character conversion set, two Imperial Fists brass etch sets, and some IF and SM transfers! My Eighth Company of Imperial Fists are now expecting a large infusion of reinforcements!

Painted my Nurgle palanquin as well giving a nice pale blue and bone colour base coat to 14 plague marines and a Nurgle Sorcerer then kinda lost motivation as my Sorcerer's scythe broke and am now waiting on some glue to arrive to patch it up[

Today in the hobby I discovered that my Chaos Bikers are in fact on Chaos Bikes, as opposed to Imperial ones, so the conversion I want to do won't work because I need the mudguards to sculpt on. Bugger. That's some more hobby money I've gotta find.

Dragonlover

Printed out the papercraft templates for a Deimos pattern Rhino, an original RT style MK1 Rhino and Landraider Spartan in an effort to give every foot squad I'm working on a ride.

(check out my WIP for my scratchbuilt landraider Phobos)

Today in the hobby I finally got off my butt and built a SM Rhino/Razorback and glued some SM chest pieces together.     Wish I had some Forge World Ultra Marine doors for it.    Onbe of these days I will finish my SM command squad and then I can paint more stuff for the 4th Ultra Marine company figures I have on a shelf.      That would give me two UM companies of the 4 I plan on building and painting.   :smile.:  :FA: :Troops: :HQ: :Elite: :HS:

Yesterday I played a 3 way game with my templars against Nids and Tau.  I lost because I didn't capture any objectives, but because of my LRC and bringing squads in drop pods I had a swell time charging everything in sight.  One 10/4 crusade squad w/ Chaplain charged 10 pathfinders, then a Stealth Squad, turned around charged some gaunts,  then charged the Tervigon, and on the final turn they charged a Hammerhead.  I lost 2 Neophytes.  Praise the Emprah for Feel no Pain and Acebaur for my Templar dice that seem to give me 6's whenever I need them most.

Two body sprues, no arms?

Dragonlover

Maybe between the two of them you can piece together a single body that doesn't have a bunch of miscasts and air bubbles. 

Suprisingly Jeff both were very good quality, only issue is one side of the cloak on one is a little thin but nothing bad, my Brother Bethor was mint too... Now I feel dirty never thought i would say that about Finecast :)

I was just teasing anyway. I've only bought I think one thing in Finecast and it was pretty rough, but I hear they got much better. I just prefer plastic when I can help it and I had my HQs pretty well sorted during the brief reign of Finecast.