Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I stopped reading Horus Heresy books(im out of new ones!) long enough to convert a DV assault cannon termie to accept a plasma cannon and flamer and magnetized them, and finished my scratch built assault cannon for a venerable dread.(so far) during the little mans naps...he's 1... And the wife is at work, so can't do much when he's up!

Swapping out of powered armor?  You mean swapping out of coward armor.  :thumbsup:  

"It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier" - R.A.H.

Yesterday (and today) I played a game for the first time since 2008. Me and two others kept a small campaign going from 4 pm to 5 am, ended up losing, but I got to test my Death Guard in battle. I swear it sometimes felt like a totally different game.

TITH, reglued an arm on my a power armoured Praetor, having retrieved a new shoulderpad for him.

Bit more tidying now - trying to keep my work space vaguely clean...

Edited by Chaeron

TITH i built the last of my 3 squads of skitarii, my single dragoon and narroved my gamemat choice for 40K, and my basing scheme to match, down to 2 choices:

http://www.gamemat.eu/6x4-g-mats/6x4-g-mat-snow-storm-.html

http://www.gamemat.eu/6x4-g-mats/6x4-g-mat-fallout-zone.html

The plan is to have a ruined imperial city/forgeworld terrain thing going on one of these mats.

The bases of my minis would then either be a Reddish/sandy wasteland/ruin, or a snow scape/ruin theme.

Some help from the brothers in here would be really cool. So chime in :)

I got my Typhus model in and got the jewellery chain that I will be using to connect the two half's of Manreeper, after I clip it in two. Hoping that it goes well, would hate to have wasted $30. Fingers crossed.

TTITH I was taking down the battlefield in my future son's room in order to paint the room tomorrow when... I found the long lost 20th CSM in my warband. He must have failed his morale and ran off the board, only to be wedged behind some baby furniture. How inglorious a demise. I'm Excited because there is just so much more I can do with 20 CSM than merely 19.

TITH hobby i recieved and built my Thanatar, well built in its 3 sub assemblies(main body with arms, lover body with legs and plasma mortar with cowling.)

Man that is a wonderfull model. Easier to build then i though, if you follow the tips and build order in the pamflet.

Those two belt feeds look so sexy i am having a crisis every time i look at the model.

I am off now to buy some cork, so that i can build a base for the Thanatar and my Knight.

Yesterday in the hobby I had a brutal game against some Ultramarines. Lost 19-7 on points, but we only had about ten models left each on the board. He just had two glorious turns of 'Draws a bunch of cards, already has those objectives' whereas I drew naff all.

Dragonlover

Tith ... Well yesterday actually. I spotted some of the new GWS Ogryns at 25% off in a flgs and couldn't resist.

Tith ... I pulled all the guard currently not stripped out and stuck them all in dettol.

TITH I read "Mechanicum". Out of books again! Also finished most of my prep on a predator, will be painting it in several large pieces I think to make sure I can reach all the interior details.

TITH I decided I needed a narcissism booster shot, and took my Templars to the local GW for gratuitous compliments.  In the process, the bossman gave me a haemonculus to paint for the store display case.  I hate the model, but I like showing off, soooo...yeah, paintin' that. :teehee: