Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I have been informed that GW cannot deliver my LE Iron Hands Codex via British Forces Post Office (BFPO) as its too heavy!

So I'll have to have it delivered to home and wait until I'm back on leave in August to have a Butchers at it.

AARG!

TITH I have been informed that GW cannot deliver my LE Iron Hands Codex via British Forces Post Office (BFPO) as its too heavy!

So I'll have to have it delivered to home and wait until I'm back on leave in August to have a Butchers at it.

AARG!

That's weird. I had GW ship me a box of 18 books, some hardcover, to my APO (American overseas mail service) box address a few years ago. Sucks, mate!

TITH I sat down to build a character I have been planning for while and then remembered that the super glue ran out a week ago. Walked to town to buy more, but they had nothing left.

Now I got this idea in my head that I can't do anything about.

any drugstores around, sometimes they carry some.

TITH, I had a successful failure. Creating a copy of a Cerastus carapace to replace the one my dog ate. It was a failure due to one small oversight (forgot the mold release before starting to pour the second half of the rubber, and though I remembered before I'd poured very much, I apparently wasn't able to remove enough of what I'd poured for the mold release to matter) but successful in that, after cutting away the solid block of rubber from the part, I could see a nice clean imprint of the carapace armour.

Oh well, a new week, a new trip to Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon in hand.

YITH I opened up the bionic legs DIY kit from Anvil Miniatures for my IF Praetor. In the process I learned that I apparently have zero idea on how legs actually work. So now I'm moving onto finishing some Mk IV marines and possibly giving the Praetor a more conventional pair of legs from the ones I ordered before I even start on the command squad.

YITH I opened up the bionic legs DIY kit from Anvil Miniatures for my IF Praetor. In the process I learned that I apparently have zero idea on how legs actually work. So now I'm moving onto finishing some Mk IV marines and possibly giving the Praetor a more conventional pair of legs from the ones I ordered before I even start on the command squad.

One foot in front of the other and repeat!

TITH, I spent a while feeling lost while looking over the new Codex and 7th edition rulebook, trying to make a new army list. I've been away for a while, and all these new ways of putting together an army just baffle me. An HQ and 2 troops minimum was how we did it a few editions back, now we've got all these formations and detachments and all that jazz?

I'm also working on painting up a converted Terminator Librarian for a painting competition in my local GW this weekend.

TITH, I spent a while feeling lost while looking over the new Codex and 7th edition rulebook, trying to make a new army list. I've been away for a while, and all these new ways of putting together an army just baffle me. An HQ and 2 troops minimum was how we did it a few editions back, now we've got all these formations and detachments and all that jazz?

You can still do it exactly the same way if you like. Or just take whatever models you feel like and forget all about force organisation charts.

Get some games under your belt like that and look at what your opponents are doing, the Detachment/Formation system will start to make sense.

Edited by Lucien Eilam

TITH I picked up my new Dark Angels Codex, Interrogator Chaplain, another upgrade frame and an Assault Squad.  Then I got home and realized that my desk and my entire den are in such disarray that I had to do something about it.  So 5 or 6 hours later, everything is finally in its proper place and I'm just now sitting down to have a look through my new book.

Another couple of hours spent on a Terminator Librarian, less colourful than my usual colour scheme, but still pretty bright looking all the same.

You can still do it exactly the same way if you like. Or just take whatever models you feel like and forget all about force organisation charts.

Get some games under your belt like that and look at what your opponents are doing, the Detachment/Formation system will start to make sense.

Thanks for that, I reread all the relevant bits in the main rulebook and think I get it now, pretty embarrassed because it was all simpler than I thought.

Edited by Brother Lame

One foot in front of the other and repeat!

That's the secret?! :ohmy.:

Today in the hobby, I finished building those damnable legs and blu-tacked my Praetor together to get a feel for the eventual pose before I open up yet another WIP log.

TITH repaired some damage that occurred to my LRC and dug through my bitz putting together an Excoriator marine.  Will have to clean him up, damage him, and then paint him later.

EDIT:  Was stumped on how I wanted to do the symbol till I came across a grot prod in my bitz box.  Because of that one discovery it let me onto another post-midnight painting session.

Excortiator.jpg

You can't really see it in the photo, though I got a less yellow bulb and tried balancing out the color, but the white I used is shiny.  After looking at the marine picture on the 40k Wiki I decided that the "Ivory" was more of shining white.  So the Marine is 1 layer of white primer, ceramite white, and then 2-3 coats depending on the spot of Reaper Pearl White.  Light just reflects of of him in ways I'm really finding visually appealing.  The silver trim gives off it's own shine that contrasts with the darker metal battle damage and the bits of black for the annotations.  He's no golden daemon but definitely meets my 3 feet standards for table presentation lol.

Edited by Phantomzero17

I've been considering picking up a box of Grey Knight terminators just for conversions.  Good for librarians, independent characters (love the wrist mounted storm bolters) and the like.

Hope you'll put up pictures when you are finished!

Edited by Ulfgrim Alvsbane

TITHI bought a Helbrute, even though I really don't need one, and I really should be saving money....

BUT, There was a 30% discount! And there was only one! I had to! Right? :ph34r.:

Also planning on continuing to paint my Chaos Knight this afternoon - I've done most of the skeleton, so hopefully I'll be beginning the actual armour plates soon :happy.:

Today in the hobby (well last night) I played my first game of playtesting with my homebrew chaos codex, against my friend. Already picked up some issues that needed point fixing, but thankfully only one issue that was a rule that just seemed unbalancing and unfun.
The game itself was quite fun wooooo, even though I lost horribly because I played terribly.

TITH I...

managed to get some painting time in today miraculously.  In that couple hours I primed the razorback for my reclusiam command squad, basecoated it, first highlight layer and even some matte varnish. 

As a whole, I want to say that I might be able to get my ETL vow done with *potentially* enough time to revow, real life and the God Emperor permitting.